Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The Python returns

Well, someone other than me needs to buy one of the new Pythons so the thread pic doesn't show a S&W PC ugmo anymore

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    I hope they get the bugs worked out!! I might need one of these to go with my Python Target gun I got , like, 30 years ago!! Guy said “ dang .38 special, if it woulda been a .357 magnum, I coulda done sold the dang thang long ago”! Hahahaha, lucky for me I knew what it was!! He did too, and at that time in history, nobody around my hometown wanted a .38, just some .357’s!!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master
    Sorry, they can call it anything they want but a Python it ain’t. It is missing the Deep blue on carefully polished steel. To me Pythons were like the “pretty girl” in high school, all about the look. And this one looks like a cheap knockoff.
    I’ll take a vintage M19 for half the money.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by 243winxb View Post

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...thon-problems/

Pythons are ment to be kept in a safe & not fired.
    Why? I've been chooting mine for 42 years. It's kind of like my Smiths, the more I choot it the better it gets.
    "Adults are the children and the children are the adults" Jules my wife.

All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. — Daniel Boone

Democracy is defended in 3 stages: Ballot Box, Jury Box, Cartridge Box. — Ambrose Bierce

A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie. — Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Black Rifles Matter

NRA Life Member, SAF Member, GOA Member, TFA Member

Seen a 1970s Python get leaded up so bad that all shots could not be kept on the official 50 foot target @ 50 feet.
    The owner had me shoot it to see if it was him.

Turned out the groove diameter was .354" The swaged 148 gr wc bullet was .358" diameter & loaded with 2.7 gr Bullseye Powder.
    Last edited by 243winxb; 02-25-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeto303 View Post
    What a coincidence I also have a Pattern 14 w/ volley sights.
    I got one as well, but without the volley sights, a 1916 Remington. Most accurate military rifle I've ever owned. Took it hunting last year and bagged a really nice buck; those battle sights work as well as any I've used. I'll stop hi-jacking the thread though......

Boolit Master
    ill stick to my rugers

Boolit Grand Master
    Colts, like Fords, and Rugers, should never be bought when first announced. They seem never to have been fully de-bugged before being put on the market. You want to wait a year or so.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Colts, like Fords, and Rugers, should never be bought when first announced. They seem never to have been fully de-bugged before being put on the market. You want to wait a year or so.
    Seems it's getting that way with everything these days. Apparently warranty-return work is cheaper than proper R&D.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    This is very good advice. A generation has passed since the last of the original Colt Pythons or any Colt revolver have been produced and few if any who built the Python are still alive to advise or direct the construction of the new Pythons.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Mold
    Is anyone making holsters for the new 4.25” Pythons? Specially kydex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456