RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock Trigger ?

Banned

I think most of it comes from the fact most of us old timers were brought up with 1911s. Glocks feel odd till you've lived with them for many years. Anymore I shoot a glock as well as I shoot anything. Funny thing was I was at the range last year when the local police dept was qualifying. I had a couple 1911s there and none of them ever shot one. they all took there turn and every one of them said it was cool but they just didn't like the right angle grip. All they have shot is glocks. Everyone of them though LOVED the trigger pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    Glocks have a reputation as solid, dependable, durable, and accurate guns. They aren't terribly expensive and can be modified to your hearts content.
    My issue is the grip angle doesn't work well for me. This isn't the fault of the firearm. It is a personal issue. I could undoubtedly get past it if I wanted to spend the time with one.
    I own some striker fired pistols that have different grip angles that work fine for me. They copy the Glock action so I am not knocking Glocks.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Trigger pull can certainly vary between guns of the same generation. My gen. 4 19 has a better trigger pull than my gen. 4 26. Both have a good polish job, Ghost Ultimate connector, and a couple thousand rounds fired. Not really sure what it is, I'm not going to worry about it. The gen. 5 guns I have tried do seem to have a better pull.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

I don't know what planet you guys live on??? But I have never gotten more than 10-12,000 rounds out of a Glock Trigger Bar. The plating wears thru in that time and that's with no polishing and plenty of lubrication. I'm talking about the curved section that rides on the connector at the end of the trigger bar, and the Sear. The rest of it doesn't need to be hard as it is only rubbing on plastic or the firing pin safety.

MY G35 has 20,000+ rounds thru it and I have replaced the trigger bar 3 times. I polished the first one and it lasted about 3500,,, then I polished the second one and went too deep on the sear and it only lasted 500 rounds. Then I replaced it again and left it alone. And it has survived til now, but is getting close. It has a 5 lb Connector cuz the 3.5 lb one it came with was too light. I didn't polish it either. There is a 4 lb Striker Spring.

My point is by NOT fooling with it they last pretty well.

I got the Baked Electroless Nickle finish from Glock and since I have used it in my shop for some projects I know exactly what it is, and does. If the finish is bright shiny silver it has .0005 or more on it. If it is dull finished then it has less than .0005 deposit on it. You can burn thru .0005 in about 30 seconds with flitz and a Dremel tool.

The only other thing I do is cut the Finger Safety back until it is flush with the face of the trigger when all the way depressed so it doesn't leave a groove in my finger.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 01-11-2020 at 09:12 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Quote Originally Posted by Todd N. View Post
    Well, I bought my first Glock in 1989- a 17, of course- and I still have it. The G19 I bought a year later is STILL my wife's EDC. Both of those guns have over 200,000 rounds through them. My firstG20 was purchased in 1994, and I still have it and shoot it weekly- the round count for THAT gun is over 90,000. I have replaced barrels, firing pins, springs, pins, and more due to high mileage, but I've never had to replace a connector or trigger bar.

And "Glock Trigger Finger-Tip Groove"??? ***???
    Wow! You must reload alot, and if your finger doesn't get a groove in it from shooting that much it must be a pretty solid trigger finger!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Wow! You must reload alot, and if your finger doesn't get a groove in it from shooting that much it must be a pretty solid trigger finger!

Randy
    Are you kidding? I live in the Pacific Northwet. It starts raining in October or November and doesn't stop until July! I have all winter long to fill ammo cans, and stay out of my wife's way!

Boolit Buddy
    Post #12 is what I believe in for a Glock. Polish the trigger bar where it contacts the safety plunger, and remove the burrs where it contacts the striker. An extra power trigger spring, and a Glock "-" connector. Leave the striker spring alone unless it's for range use only.

I have tried some of the Ghost connectors and liked one. I think it's called the Pro Edge, don't quote me.

I happen to like the Glock trigger because it feels to me like the two stage triggers in my AR-15's. Long take up, some sort of "wall" (depending on which connector you buy), then the let - off. Very safe predictable release for me.

Banned
    Whenever the word "Glock" appears in a thread title it results in something similar to kicking a hornets nest; but here we are

So..........attempting to leave the "I love Glocks" & "I hate Glocks", rhetoric behind; I will toss in my $0.02 worth.

Just because there are a lot of aftermarket parts available for Glocks doesn't mean the guns need aftermarket parts. What it does mean is there is a market for parts. Or, if you make it,.... someone will buy it.

Glocks are amazingly reliable and durable. That is one of their greatest strengths. The striker system on a Glock is never going to produce a short travel, crisp trigger pull - it isn't designed to do that. It is designed to be safe and reliable and it meets those requirements.
    You can play with all sorts of combinations of factory and aftermarket parts and get all sorts of results concerning the trigger pull but frankly, I've never seen the need to do so.

The NY trigger spring may be slightly more durable that the regular trigger spring because it works under compression rather than being stretched BUT that's like saying a 100 pound anvil is stronger than a 98 pound anvil. They are both more than strong enough.
    The factory 5.5 lb trigger is more than adequate for me. I've shot the NY-1 and NY-2 triggers and they're not as bad as people say. I'm not a fan of aftermarket connectors, not because they are bad (they're not) but just because the factory ones work just fine.

The thread drifted a bit and the topic of grip angle came up. Again, what works for some people doesn't work for everyone. If you extend your arm, make a fist with your index finger pointing at some distant object, your other fingers and thumb will form a fist with an angle very close to a Glock grip. If you tell a person trained as a boxer to make a fist, you'll get a grip angle closer to a 1911 style. Guns such as the Luger P-08, the Ruger Standard (MKII, MKIII etc.), the H&K P7 and the Glock - all have a more rakish grip angle. Guns like the 1911, S&W pistols Browning HP, etc. all have a more vertical grip angle.
    Pick your tool.
    Last edited by Petrol & Powder; 01-14-2020 at 09:04 PM.

I know that there are warmed up feelings about GLOCK's. Fact is that every firearm is designed for a purpose. Few will cover most or even many uses across the board.

Pistols like Glocks, Rugers, Springfields and the mounting lineup of "stryker fired" pistols are meant for mounting a offensive or defensive posture and minute of angle accuracy is just not important ... what is important in these pistol's is to be reliable and to be used with determination. Pie plate accuracy is fine accuracy at "fighting" distance.

Your trigger (OP) is ... out of need ... heavy and needs to be ... so that a determined purposeful trigger press is wanted so as to not ""accidentally" allow a "whimsical" shot to be loosed before you ... in the excitement of the moment ... decide a shot or three are absolutely required.

Military weapons are set in just this manner GENERALLY so that firing weapons before ready is harder to do then with fine 1911 polished and tuned weapons triggers.

Not saying that a 12 or 15 pound pull is wanted ... but as with my SR9 pistol ... I had to shoot it to be ok with what I would consider a creepy, heavy letoff.

Hope you get the trigger that you desire and need for your use.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123