Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock Trigger ?

Boolit Master

Glock Trigger ?

OK I added a 9 MM barrel to my Glock 22 so I can shoot the pistol a lot more
    LOL Less powder and lead each shot .... Yea That is the reason

So the next step that HAS to happen is the trigger

I did a quick search and saw a number of ways to go
    But I figure one of the kits is a decent way

I figured someone here has improved their Glock trigger

Any ideas ?
    Not looking for a Match trigger
    But I want something better than the darn 10-12 LB sand paper trigger it has

Thanks
    John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Master
    I run A JohnnyGlock match trigger but they are expensive. Do a YouTube search for "25 cent Glock trigger job". You can do a good bit to a stock trigger

Boolit Master

While you can lighten and smooth the glock trigger, it cn never be a crisp single action pull like a 1911. Not sure what you have now, but a lott of glocks ship with a 5.5lb trigger, unless yours has a New York trigger spring which is either 12 or 18lb.

A 3.5 lb connector can lighten the pull, but it is still basically a long 2 stage type pull.

Check out Wolf Springs, I've installed them in most of my Semi Autos with good to great results....

Boolit Master

The absolute best in the business is the Face Shooter trigger from Suarez international- Gabe Suarez is the foremost master of things Glock and has employed in his staff the finest armorers working n the business- as a relatively new Glock convert and firearms instructor I’ve never seen better training or bought triggers and barrels that truly made such a difference on a fighting pistol- a bit of drift here but the face shooter trigger was born from his idea that to end fights quickly- he was a narcotic officer in LA during the crack epidemic- 12-13 times he went toe to toe with armed bad guys at room to arm length distances and they are dead and he’s alive- probably the closest thing we have to a true living old west style gun fighter-
    The gentleman whom just shut down that shooter in church in Whitesettlement TX, shot the bad guy in the head- cause that ends the fight now- .
    Glock claims protection- well after we contour the grip,retexture to disired grip, replace the plastic sights and upgrade the trigger we are getting close- after market barrel to shoot cast or powder coat.
    You didn’t ask but once one masters Glock trigger reset they shoot extremly well - I spent some bucks on some after market barrels- I can honestly say the factory barrels were just as accurate or more so than the after market, but I do like threaded barrels for quite time.
    Probably the next best mod after trigger is undercutting the trigger guard , lets you grip just a little higher, putting the “lump” at the bottom of the grip frame very low or just past the bottom of the palm.

Boolit Buddy
    Take your Glock apart and remove the whole trigger group. Order upgrade springs from Glockmeister or Lone Wolf. Take the connector to a jeweler or metal polishing place and have it polished to the highest finish they can deliver. Put it back together with your new springs. Sandpaper feeling is gone and the trigger pull, while still long, is as smooth as you could ever want.

Banned
    If it has the original trigger setup and a factory disconnector, it should be about 5.5 pounds. There are two additional factory types, the NY-1 and NY-2 and then there are some non-factory combinations.

Lightly polishing the disconnector and trigger bar where they contact each other, can help a little.

The Glock will never have the light SA trigger of say a 1911 but good work can be done with a Glock.

I've shot Glocks with the standard trigger and the NY trigger and while the NY triggers are undoubtedly heavier, they are not horrible. The NY trigger spring is actually a bit more durable than the standard trigger spring due to the fact the NY trigger springs are compressed during use rather than being stretched.

If the trigger pull weight really is 10 lbs + and that's not just exaggeration, the gun may have a NY-1 or NY-2 trigger spring.

Boolit Grand Master
    I added a 9mm barrel to mine as well (Lonewolf) and upgraded the trigger with a Ghost trigger. Also did some polishing. It was a few years ago so cannot even remember what parts were involved but it was not difficult to do. It was not expensive and made an improvement.

I prefer a "longer" trigger and about a 5 lb pull on a defensive pistol. I stopped carrying Kimbers as the triggers were too good.

When the SHTF, and the adrenalin is pumping, I do not want an AD. I used that Glock 22 with the Lonewolf barrel in the 4 day handgun class at Frontsight using Federal 9mm. 600 rounds. Not a single FTF, and trigger worked well. Scored in the top 3% so the longer "spongier" trigger does not affect my performance.

You are wise to have the 9mm barrel. Shoots cast well and 9mm brass is diet cheap. Some training facilities like Frontsight will not allow reloads, and 9mm is less expensive to purchase.

BTW, never thought I would carry a Glock. I was too much of a snob. I now have two of them because I talked to guys who need pistols to survive and they shot Glocks. They are a fighting pistol. Do not try to make them into a 1911 match gun. One of the instructors at Frontsight lost a friend who was killed in a gunfight. His friend had "upgraded" the trigger with one of the high end offerings and the trigger had malfunctioned... That instructor carrys a stock Glock and told me not to mess with the trigger. My second Glock 22 is stock but polished up a bit. Works well enough.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

https://www.glockstore.com/ just a link to some triggers and things
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Banned

I put a spring kit and disconnector in all my glocks. It doesn't make them into 1911 triggers by a lone shot but does drop them a few lbs and makes them much easier to shoot. Cost about 20-30 bucks and you can do it yourself in about a 1/2 hour. I didn't buy a glock to target shoot and it doesn't need a glass clean break at less the 3lbs. As a matter of fact a self defense gun is probably better off at around 5 and those cheap parts will get you there or darned close to it.

Boolit Master
    I have two Glocks - a 21 and a 43. Both have Ghost trigger connectors from Ghost,Inc. It is claimed that they drop the pull to 3.5 pounds; however from what I have read they measured them at trigger tip, rather than about midway on the trigger. After installation both run @ 4 pounds which is a might good improvement on stock. Course we ain't talking about a Python single action here, but it does help with straining away from the target with an 8 1/2 pounds pull. If you do that change remember to be extra careful in drawing and reholstering; as it don't take a lot to snag a trigger and BANG!
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master

a factory - connector and a good polish job will usually put you at about #5 or a hair less. add an extra power trigger return spring will drop it about another 6 ounces. firing pin safety spring will net about 1/2-1 ounce reduction. if you want a gun guaranteed to go bang when the trigger is pulled, dont mess with the striker spring.

Boolit Master

Thanks
    OK I .... Just might have over stated the trigger pull weight
    But the grit part is a real problem

My Glock was a police trade in , it even has a badge number ( I think ) on the case

But IMO it was shot VERY Little before I bought it

I will be upgrading the trigger and maybe adding a ajustable rear sight

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Master

no doubt on the grit. some arent terrible, and others are like you are rubbing two pieces of 80grit sand paper together.

I do a $.25 trigger job on mine (no power tools) with mothers polish. Makes the surfaces shiny and smooth. The one Glock I bought used came with a Glock 3.5 connector in it, it was mushy for my taste. Put in a Ghost Ranger connector and it crisped the trigger up quite a bit. None of mine have a gritty feel to the trigger. A detail strip of the frame, a good cleaning of all the parts and a $.25 trigger job on the right parts will likely get rid of the gritty feel. A dropp of oil on the connector at the right spot helps also.

Boolit Master

the gritty ones need a little more than a polish. time to break out the stones.

Don't want to go through the plating on the parts.

Boolit Master

there is no issue going thru that cheap plating. the only purpose it serves is to make stamped parts acceptably smooth for production. the parts are well hardened under the plating.

Yeah ok.

Boolit Master

ive done more than a few glock trigger jobs, i wont put out bogus info.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast