Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: Happy Anniversary to me, 14 years on the forum.

Happy Anniversary to me, 14 years on the forum.

Yep, it was 14 years ago this evening I joined this site. I haven't regretted it one moment. I'd been casting on my own for numerous years prior. I thought I knew about casting, my education really began after finding Castboolits. I learned more in the next 18 months than all my years combined prior to joining.

Down through the years, I've made a lot of great acquaintances and met several, done some swappin' & sellin' as well. And, it's all been great with extremely (and I mean extremely) few issues. I've watched this site grow and grow. It wasn't easy sometimes seeing some of the feuds and disagreements...etc. But as a site grows, so do the problems between members, just a fact of websites where people interact.

I've also witnessed some of the greatest acts of kindness here down through those years. One's position in life makes no difference and there are no dumb questions. People helping people, sharing hard learned lessons and in general just being decent human beings.

Happy New Year to one and all and may God Bless.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Congrats on the anniversary, Mr.Murphy, and may you share many more years with us.
    DG

Boolit Master
    Big Okie Howdy, Murphy! You have been a gentleman and great contributor. Thank you. I think back to some of the members on the old shooters board, especially 45 nut, for getting things going. And my good friend, Felix, from whom whom I learned the 'finesse' of the cast boolit. And so many others, too many to mention.

This is a very great, elite group of people. I am humbled in their presence and knowledge.

Happy Anniversary!
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Master

WHERE is the punch and the cake??
    I will be right over
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Banned

Good job! I usually don't last more than a couple of years on a forum till I upset the powers that be and get banned! No problems here!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    It doesn't seem that long ago. Not many of us plank owners still here!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master

Congratulations! Yes, its a great site. I too, have made friends here and even have met a few of them. Good Guys, one and all!

Congratulations from across the Red.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Where does the time go!

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Yep, it was 14 years ago this evening I joined this site. I haven't regretted it one moment. I'd been casting on my own for numerous years prior. I thought I knew about casting, my education really began after finding Castboolits. I learned more in the next 18 months than all my years combined prior to joining.
    Down through the years, I've made a lot of great acquaintances and met several, done some swappin' & sellin' as well. And, it's all been great with extremely (and I mean extremely) few issues. I've watched this site grow and grow. It wasn't easy sometimes seeing some of the feuds and disagreements...etc. But as a site grows, so do the problems between members, just a fact of websites where people interact.
    I've also witnessed some of the greatest acts of kindness here down through those years. One's position in life makes no difference and there are no dumb questions. People helping people, sharing hard learned lessons and in general just being decent human beings.
    Happy New Year to one and all and may God Bless.
    Murphy
    Murphy:
    Ditto here. I joined in '05 and I am STILL learning.
    As an aside, my great grandma (who lived to be 104) was born,. raised and died in Broken Bow. Spent time at Beaver's Bend. Been many years since I was there though.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Thanks fella's!

Waksupi, 45nut (the original site owner) and rugerman1 were the first three I got to know in chat the evening I joined. Boy oh' boy! Back in those days, chat was a hoot and my favorite hangout. But as stated in my OP, things change. We've suffered some sad losses for sure. I got to meet Felix and have a nice ingot of about 6-7 Lbs that came from the "Mother Of All Smelters". The first lube I ever made was Felix's recipe. A fine as gentleman as they came. May he rest in peace.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    Mr.C.E.Harris authored an article on shooting cast bullets way back when. I first started the hunt for a nice Finn reworked model 27. Got it during a swap which cost me a Brit #4MKII in great condition. Barrel was spotless an was the rest of the rifle. Lyman came out with the 314299 which in this rifle shoots like a dream. I started out in the Aimoo site, then to the shooters site and now cast bullets. Bunch of years has gone by,met some great folks and having fun with my new rifle. Frank
    Last edited by samari46; 01-04-2020 at 11:47 PM.

Boolit Master
    Happy anniversary and yes time flies! Signed up just a little after you and what a tidal wave of cast boolit info to wade through! Amazing to have ones eyes opened to the potential of cast and the myths blown wide open. Agree early joys included chat with 45nut and early disappointments were the Lee group buys

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Murphy good to see you hanging around I miss the old chat great place to meet and make friends I guess that is one of the good old days.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Master

I had been casting since '71, so when I joined this site I thought I knew a thing or two. Ha! Now I know better thanks to the many fine gentlemen that grace this site.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master

just looked at when I joined and I will be at the 14 year mark later this year, where has the time gone.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    Congrats,Murphy. Time really goes fast.

I came here from this little,family-like board. Gone long time ago.I had no idea how deep into bullet casting a man can sink. Bismuth next.

Any old friends around here? L38,J.Miller,Bonzo,Skruske,Dakotalawdog,OTE,Groo, JimBob,Creepyrat...?