Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Wideners

Thread: WTB NOE 266-126 FN boolits to try in 6.5 Grendel

Boolit Buddy

WTB NOE 266-126 FN boolits to try in 6.5 Grendel

Hi!

I cast for many calibers- but not 6.5mm. I'd like to buy from a few dozen up to 100 of the NOE 266-126FN boolits to try in my 6.5 Grendel AR. There seems to be a lot of places selling 140gr boolits but not the 126gr. I'd need them sized and gas checked (or PB) because I can't size 6.5mm yet. Lubed or not- I'll be powdercoating them in the end.

I'm mostly interested in making sure my Grendel AR will cycle them. If I can confirm that- I'll buy the mold and figure out the alloy/size/load. (That's the fun part of casting and reloading! )

If you have some of these you'd be willing to part with, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

John

Boolit Master

John, I don't load for the grendel yet. I have dies, brass, the NOE 6.5 126 mold, sizes gas checks and a Howa Mini 6.5 grendel on the way as we speak. As soon as I get my mold and checks in a few days, I can cast some. If course if someone else already has some for you, dont wait on me. Just letting you know that I could help out but it may be a little while. I'm looking forward to loading and shooting the grendel for a medium plinking and hunting rifle.

Boolit Master

Hi John,
    I shoot a 260 Rem, not 6.5 Grendel, but the bullets are the same. Are you absolutely set on the 126gr FN? The reason I ask is I cast/shoot the NOE 266-140gr FN (same bullet profile, just a little longer and heavier,) and I'd be happy to send you some that are already sized to .266, Powder Coated, and Gas Checked. Depending on the twist of your barrel, it might like the heavier bullets a little better. Also consider that a heavier bullet traveling slower will still generate the pressures required to operate/cycle your rifle. In the M1 Garand, heavier cast bullets shot at a lower velocity using a slower powder tend to be more accurate and cycle the rifle just fine. In any event, if you're interested, shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send you 20 to try.
    Ed

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks, Ed! I already have some 140 gr. I bought and I'm planning on playing with them in my M96 Swede. The issue is with the Grendel is the bigger boolits use up too much case capacity. The Grendel was designed to fit in the AR-15 action and be useable with 125-100 grain bullets. Assuming the Swede shoots the 140s and my Grendel will cycle the 126s, I'm planning to jump into 6.5mm casting with both feet. I've been wanting a cruise missile mold for the Swede, too. I found one for sale and am planning to grab it.

I appreciate the offer!

John