WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load DataSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: 40-90 Sharps Bottle Neck brass

Boolit Buddy

40-90 Sharps Bottle Neck brass

I am getting pieces together to build a 40-90 Sharps necked. For brass I have ordered a 40-90 Necked FL sizer die from CH4D. I plan to use Starline 45-2.6 brass. I have a 3 die set for 40-82 am planning on using expander and seat die from that set. I ran a 2.6 brass in 40-82 trim die I have and length grew enough to finish at 2.63 for the 40-90 Bottle neck. CH4D backlog is now 24 months per quote on a form die. Do you think it will work?

You have any 45 basic laying around?

Boolit Buddy
    Have 45-2 7/8 but I need it and 45-2.6 is far cheaper.

Boolit Master
    People usually get the rifle completed then find a way to fire a few rounds.
    The fired cases are sent to the die maker so he knows what dimensions to make the dies.
    In the case (no pun intended) of the 40-90 Sharps necked round it was never a standardized SAAMI cartridge so there is probably a lot of variation between chamber, die and ammo drawings over the last 140 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by beshears View Post
    I am getting pieces together to build a 40-90 Sharps necked. For brass I have ordered a 40-90 Necked FL sizer die from CH4D. I plan to use Starline 45-2.6 brass. I have a 3 die set for 40-82 am planning on using expander and seat die from that set. I ran a 2.6 brass in 40-82 trim die I have and length grew enough to finish at 2.63 for the 40-90 Bottle neck. CH4D backlog is now 24 months per quote on a form die. Do you think it will work?
    EDG