Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year, and an update, and a question

Boolit Buddy

Happy New Year, and an update, and a question

Hello, Everyone. And Happy New Year!

I have been gone for a while, cleaning up a mess. But I hope top be back for good.

Last you knew, I was engaged and the lady seemed supportive of my little hobby. Since then I did a lot of work on the house with her income helping out. But ...

But it turned out what she really wanted was to steal my house. After she had pushed me into near collapse with getting the house repairs done (she did not want to steal a house that needed repairs), she got to where she could not keep up her act. So she broke up with me, and squatted till I got ready to file eviction papers.

It also turned out she filed complaints with the Sheriff's Dept, accusing me of a number of heinous crimes. Then called the detective in charge of investigating me three times a week, urging him to break down my door, haul me off, and leave her in the house.

That is done, the DA said there was nothing to charge me with, and I am clear of those legal issues. whew!

I think I have finally reached an end of finding yet more things she stole or destroyed as she left the house. The last things were one of my wood chisels, and about $200 worth of model enamels.

But the increase in the house bills, from the repairs, are more than I can handle. I am going to have to sell the house.

Can anyone tell me of any states in the eastern time zone which are firearm friendly? I know Vermont is good, but it is awfully cold. And Virginia... no. I hear Florida recently passed some anti firearms bills?

Oeldewolf
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Ky is pretty good. We went constitutional carry last year. Open carry was legal without a license before that and CC with a license. No registration of long or handguns. Private sales are legal.

Boolit Buddy

Thank you. I even have some relatives there. I will put it in the list of possibles.
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

Boolit Master

Florida is where I live and Tennessee is where I vacation to see family.

Both are very fire arm friendly. Florida raised the age to buy long guns which annoyed me. But other than that there aren't many restrictions that overly combersom. We are pushing for a constitutional carry. Been fighting for it a couple yeara.

While I was visiting my brother I TN almost bought a single shot 20g, and the guy said it was legal. You dont even need to be a resident of TN to buy long guns.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Buddy

Thank you.
    OeldeWolf

Boolit Master

Forget about Vt. they are hanging on by thread as far as the 2nd goes, Pa is not far from being like the rest of the NE anti gun zone.
    I really don't know much about Tn and Ky but I believe I'm going to end up down there somewhere. Good luck in your search and keep us up to date with what you find.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Grand Master
    Tennessee.
    Friend just moved there.
    Is having the time of his life.

I was a certified firearms and CCDW instructor in the state of KY if you have any questions to that regard. One of the things I value is being able to disregard the no firearms sign at the hospital or a store. If I'm caught, I won't be in any legal trouble.

Tennessee, I would check those particulars. And unless they changed it, there is no carrying of handguns without a license, neigther open or concealed.

Also, I was told you couldn't transport a long gun loaded. I had a rifle, unloaded but with loaded mags in the same case and told that would get us in trouble there. That may not have been the case or it may have changed.

Boolit Master

Oklahoma is freedom friendly. Kinda like Texas, but not so many sucky liberals. More meth and weather, but fewer lefties!
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Moderator Emeritus

I like West Virginia which is why I moved here three years ago. Basically if it is legal with the Feds it is legal here. Constitutional carry and can get WV CCW with an approved NRA live fire pistol course. I don't know the other areas of the state but I have 81 acres, 4 bed and 2 bath , 32x30 garage and a shed. Property taxes were about $1,060 last year. Add another $500 or less for personal property taxes. Good luck.

Boolit Master
    Got a spare bedroom for rent?
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Buddy

Thank you, gentlemen.

I had not heard anything about WV before, so that is new information.

I have one spare bedroom already rented out to a Sect 8 person, annoying, but it pays a bit. The other spare had to kick the person out for failing to pay rent. I have had trouble getting people who will actually pay their rent, or who do not have felonies. I can not seem to keep both bedrooms rented at the same time. And renting the second bedroom would let me survive, but barely.
    OeldeWolf

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry to hear about your problems. Arkansas ain't bad. Cost of living isn't too high, is fairly firearms friendly and has decent weather.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    I like West Virginia which is why I moved here three years ago. Basically if it is legal with the Feds it is legal here. Constitutional carry and can get WV CCW with an approved NRA live fire pistol course. I don't know the other areas of the state but I have 81 acres, 4 bed and 2 bath , 32x30 garage and a shed. Property taxes were about $1,060 last year. Add another $500 or less for personal property taxes. Good luck.
    I'd like to tell you that Pa is a great place especially the northern tier and south westerner partawhere in at but I'd vote for West Virginia also
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    We moved to Tennessee over 4 years ago. Will never move out. The advantages this state offers is immense. Some of my relatives have started to trickle down from PA and I sense more will follow due to our lack of taxes and no toll roads and low housing prices.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    How do you feel about winter? Maine is pretty firearms friendly, and very low crime rates. Also very low unemployment rates. You may be able to sell your house in CA and buy two here, as long as you stay north of Augusta. But we do have winter. North of Augusta, where property is reasonable, you'd be dealing with snow 6 months out of the year.

Boolit Buddy
    GO East and leave your troubles behind!
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Master

I hear Arkansas is nice, cheap, and gun friendly now that the Clintons are gone...
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

NH and Maine are constitutional carry. NH no income and no sales tax Maine has both.

NH has 2 liberal female Senators 1 gay congressman and one lib female congressman.

Great Republican Governor We hope to change the congress creatures this coming election

Boolit Grand Master

I've posted this before, but Virginia has a Constitution that predates the US Constitution, has an original gun clause that has not been changed or challenged or commented on since it was written, and has laws on the books that I am required to own a firelock, carry it to the fields when working, and ensure that there is a sentry, and carry it to Church on Sunday for the Militia meeting. These laws place that original constitutional statement clearly in the context of personal safety beyond the Militia. If a law that conflicts with this is passed you can bet it will be challenged and there will be an injunction preventing enforcement until the courts act. As long as Judges read the Constitution...
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast