Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger LCP 22 LR introduced

Boolit Master

New Ruger LCP 22 LR introduced

Ruger has introduced a new version of the LCP II called the "Lite Rack." It's in .22 LR, and has several features to make it easier for weaker handed folks, (sometimes the ladies,) to rack the slide. Being in .22 cal,, it's a good way to get used to the LCP AND practice more!
    I'm looking forward to shooting one myself!

I think I want one. I would certainly shoot it more than a .380.

Boolit Grand Master
    I think I do too. A small decent quality 22 that is a trainer for my 380 with low cost for ammo and no need to chase cases all the time appeals to me.

I know a.22 is not the last word in effectiveness but if it has any reasonable reliability stoked with CCI’s and the user can shoot it and manipulate it better than the somewhat snappy 380 well....who am I to disparage that choice if someone decided to use it as more than a trainer?

I may have to have one of those! Fun way to train for the pocket pistol. I really hope it's reliable...
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

I may be the odd duck here but I would really like to see a .22 pocket sized gun with adjustable sights.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Grand Master
    Do not see much value in it. My small pistol is a 9mm Kahr and my reloads are $3/box. Saving $1 a box is not enough incentive for me to buy a pistol that does not meet any other needs.

If I did not reload, and wanted to train regularly, it would be a decent option but most beginners would be better off with the Mk IV to learn sight alignment and trigger control. One good thing about this new pistol is that with cheap .22's, users will get more experience with clearing FTF's!! That is great training.

Since evolving to striker fired pistols for SD, not having to remain proficient with decocking and safeties means I can pickup any of my SD pistols (Glocks and Kahrs) and train. My most used pistols are now revolvers so I do not have to chase brass. With my range off the back porch, 22's are a huge pain as they get stuck between the boards.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Might pick one up, just something else to shoot the copious amount of 22 LR, I have squirreled away. I'm a southpaw and not liking the manual safety. Will wait on the reviews, first. Should be selling for @ $200, when they become available. Checked Bud's and they aren't listing them.

Winelover

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I'm more excited about the Glock 44, but I am interested just the same.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Something called a "lite rack" may be a tough sell to the ladies.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by speedo66 View Post
    something called a "lite rack" may be a tough sell to the ladies.
    why???
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    why???
    It’s boobie humor!

Boolit Master
    Now if they would only put that manual safety on the 380 model I might trade my original for the II

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I'm glad to see it has a manual safety, hopefully it locks the hammer back like a 1911 does. I just can't bring myself to trust the LCP II with one in the pipe. There is no firing pin safety and only the sear holds the hammer back.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Gun manufactures need to wise up. If they're going to put a manual safety on a firearm.............make it ambidextrous, or loose the LH shooters.

Winelover

Boolit Master
    Picked one up , sometimes I can't help myself I just like little guns and 22lr is entertaining in about anything.
    Here is a pic next to my bobcatClick image for larger version. 

Name:	E1B44E87-33A7-4C68-A94D-48D512FD1215.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	257468

Boolit Master
    Something a little different on the lcp ii 22 from other small 22lr I have had is the barrel moves back with the slide a short distance before camming down , delayed blowback 22lr .My guess more a function for reliable feeding , & lite rack but interesting to me.... Okay , I know it doesn't take much to entertain me .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    Something a little different on the lcp ii 22 from other small 22lr I have had is the barrel moves back with the slide a short distance before camming down , delayed blowback 22lr .
    Recoil operated, not blowback. That's cool. Not that there's much recoil to deal with on .22's anyway, but that should make this a very smooth shooter.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    Recoil operated, not blowback. That's cool. Not that there's much recoil to deal with on .22's anyway, but that should make this a very smooth shooter.
    Thanks I could not remember the appropriate term .

Boolit Master
    Walked into the local gun emporium, the other day, and they had several in stock. Examined the display case example. Was able to manipulate the safety with slight grip change with my shooting hand...........I'm a southpaw. Won't be carrying it any but the right handed wife might, just around the acreage. One followed me home. Price was a few dollars cheaper than Bud's and two extra mags were $13, less.

Read the manual, to become familiar with disassembly, lubed the rails. Put it back together.

Ran a little over a brick of promotional ammo, over the next two days. Out of the first magazine, three rounds failed to fully seat. After that, all three mags functioned 100 percent. Did have four duds..............was shooting Thunderduds. Can't blame the firearm.

Wifey shot 100 rounds the second day. As fate would have it, first round up, was a dud. The next 99 went off without a hitch.

All in all, very happy with the purchase. Did put florescent orange nail polish on the front sight to make it more visible and provide contrast.

Winelover

Boolit Master
    The reliability of mine is much like yours , failed to go fully into battery on 2 rounds out of the first 50 but no failures in the next few hundred . That's impressive reliability in my experience for a tiny 22lr auto.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast