Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Ruger LCP 22 LR introduced

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    The reliability of mine is much like yours , failed to go fully into battery on 2 rounds out of the first 50 but no failures in the next few hundred . That's impressive reliability in my experience for a tiny 22lr auto.
    Must be a Ruger characteristic. Bought a new Ruger SR22 about 5 years ago. First rounds out of the mag. did the same thing. After that no problem at all.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    I may be the odd duck here but I would really like to see a .22 pocket sized gun with adjustable sights.
    Nope me to.
    The thing I did not like about the LCP ii is the sights even one of them dovetailed would be a big improvement.
    The sights on it would be work for short range defense at 7 yards but I have other guns for that.I am hitting about an inch high and an inch left .
    That may be me I will have to shoot it some more and see. My last 30 rounds at 7 yards went into about a 3" group with about 20 in 1" little guns are fun but not easy to shoot accurately .

Boolit Master
    Mine also tends to shoot a little high. I didn't purchase it for extreme accuracy, so fixed sights aren't a issue. It's designed as pocket pistol, as well as, cheap practice for those that own the 380 version. As long as it will swing a 3" diameter gong, at 10 yards, I'm happy. If I had my preference, it would have the same fixed sight arrangement that is on Ruger's LCR's.

Winelover

Boolit Master
    I would like a .25 acp Ruger with a four inch barrel.
    A .25 Wrangler would also suit me right down to my toes.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    Recoil operated, not blowback. That's cool. Not that there's much recoil to deal with on .22's anyway, but that should make this a very smooth shooter.
    My Glock 44 operates in a similar fashion. It is not a locked breech but the barrel does reciprocate backwards for a tiny bit before the ejection port opens. A bit of a delayed blowback I 'spose. These days my reloading time is pretty scarce and I am quickly learning to appreciate rimfire versions of centerfire guns. An LCP .22 will probably be my next gun.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Mine has been amazingly reliable for a pocket 22lr I am up to maybe 500 rounds through it most of it the copper washed federal bulk with the only malfunctions after the first 50 being maybe 1 in a hundred typical 22lr not going off with a good solid imprint from the firing pin on the case. My only gripe is it's about 2" high at 7 yards.
    Neat little gun.

Boolit Master
    I thought very serious about one but already have 2 ruger mark 2s and a walther p22 and numerous 22 revolvers so kinda hard to justify

Boolit Master
    Just an up date on the lcp ii 22.
    I probably have 600 rounds of bulk federal through it now at 100 rounds a session I clean after each session and is the most reliable small 22 I have owned. It has had maybe one typical round fail to fire per hundred and they have a strong firing pin dent in the case , other than that I have had 0 malfunctions of any kind. Very impressive for a pocket size rimfire. It shoots high but it is a fun little gun to play with.🙂

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I have had an LCP .22 since July and really like it so far. I have now put around 400 rounds through this pistol. The only ammo it doesn't like is the Winchester bulk pack 36 grain plated hollow point. Get alot of light strikes with those. Everything else goes bang and ejects just fine. It shoots about 2-1/2" high at 10 yards. Maybe this is by design, I don't know. I'm going to just file a little at a time off the rear sight until it gets to my liking. Really like this gun, I always have it on me at home. I keep it loaded with Aguila Interceptor 40 grain, they clock 1002 fps across my chronograph from this little pistol.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Been torcher testing mine with ancient Thunderduds and Winchester promotional ammunition (Wildcat, Expert HP's). I get up to 10% FTF and about half of those are FTE. Those same lots of ammo will only produce 1% FTF in my Mark II or 45/22 Lite.

However, the same era, CCI Blazer is near 100%, as are their Mini-Mags, Stingers and Velociters. Federal American Eagle HP's and Lightning are pretty reliable.

Might be giving Ruger a call..............

Winelover