Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Getting surviellence signal to TV

Boolit Master

Getting surviellence signal to TV

I jusr installed a wired DVR home surviellence system . I have the system hooked to my modem via a cat 5 cord. I would like to view the system on my smart TVs. Is there a way to transmit the signal to a smart TV? I could not find a way to download the surviellence app to the TV?

Boolit Buddy

Depends on the system. Most will require some sort of software interface. IP cameras can usually be seen in just a webpage. Google is your friend here. Also contacting the support number or email for the system can be helpful.

Since it has an ethernet connection theres a chance there is software and apps available for your computer and phone.

If you cant find an app for the tv that interfaces you can do like I did and use the VGA PC input and hook it to the camera DVR as a monitor.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Dignified? I signed up for brave and courageous, not dignified!

Depends on how smart. I don't think my Roku will allow for anything. Some others use Amazon or google and might.
    Let me know, I'm wanting to do similar. There are good apps for smartphones, but don't know any for 'smart' tv

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    Depends on how smart. I don't think my Roku will allow for anything. Some others use Amazon or google and might.
    Let me know, I'm wanting to do similar. There are good apps for smartphones, but don't know any for 'smart' tv
    Depending on your system, there are apps available for Roku. There arent many but there are some.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Dignified? I signed up for brave and courageous, not dignified!

You would have to redirect it through the cable modem to the IP of the TV, open with browser on smart TV. TV may not let you download an App that is not approved by the maker or the cable company.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

How far apart are they? I just set my brother's up using an HDMI cable to his TV so I could use it as a display.

Mine uses an old computer monitor as a screen, but I can also use a laptop/phone/tablet to view it from anywhere.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master

we were having some break ins by us I went out and put some ring motion floodlight camera and a doorbell camera
    these are well worth it
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Moderator Emeritus

HDMI cable from computer to TV, TV will show as a monitor once you enable multi monitor support... I have 2 24" monitors on my desk and the 55" TV 7 feet from me is the third monitor. Use it for watching videos...

The people's republic of Commifornia, in Somerset
    If it's a new system, it should have HDMI. Get a long cable, plug it in

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Who made it, model, etc. Power over internet(100T coax?)? Most I've seen are a complete package so you use their DVR/interface.
    Whatever!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jessdigs View Post
    If it's a new system, it should have HDMI. Get a long cable, plug it in

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Be careful when trying to go long distances with HDMI. There are special cables that will allow you to go distances up to a max distance.

Something like the Celerity fiber optic HDMI cable might be needed if the distance is more than about 20ft. You can have pretty decent signal up to about 20ft with non-amplified standard cables. If the distance is greater I would recommend the fiber optic cables. I've used them up to 100 feet on high def with no signal loss.
    Last edited by 6bg6ga; 12-31-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    I jusr installed a wired DVR home surviellence system . I have the system hooked to my modem via a cat 5 cord. I would like to view the system on my smart TVs. Is there a way to transmit the signal to a smart TV? I could not find a way to download the surviellence app to the TV?
    What is the output on the DVR? Does it have a HDMI? Need some info here to help you.

Boolit Master

The DVR has a cat 5 for the modem,a HDMI, A USB port, and a VGA. I have an old computer monitor hooked to the VGA, the cat 5 to my modem and a mouse in the USB port. I would like to wirelessly transmit the signal to my tv. Could a firestick be used in some way?

Banned
    https://www.parts-express.com/5-ghz-...CABEgLCcvD_BwE

Something like this would probably work. Looks to take any HDMI signal in. Transmitter and receiver setup.

Boolit Master

As stated above, your DVR manufacturer determines how you can access your DVR over the network.

My DVR has an app for android and iOS.
    It has plugins for internet explorer.
    Finally, it also has instant update jpeg for all other web browsers.

So, for me, there is no way to use my smart TV as all the apps for it come from the TV maker.

Now my kodi box can access the DVR and I can view on my TV.

But saying all that, the 30' HDMI cable works better.

Good luck!
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

I used a HDMI cable from the camera computer to the TV. Then I just use the remote to select input, and select the HDMI cable from the camera computer. Simple and works.

Happy New Year!

Have a blessed day,

Leon