MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: Is Heritage mfg. upping their game?

Boolit Master

Is Heritage mfg. upping their game?

Has this caught anybody else's attention?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l692zr4VXcw

There is nothing on Heritage's website that I could find. The alloy frame has been replaced with a steel frame. I like it - I must have one!
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Grand Master

I like the like of it with the "modified tangs" most use a add on buttstock with the pistol grip still there. It looks good will be interesting to see how it feels.

It will be loud, it will spit powder in your face, and based on my experience with Heritage, in accurate. There’s a reason revolving carbines were never a success; they are unpleasant to shoot!
    My opinion only for what it’s worth.

Boolit Grand Master

If Ruger would make that in 357 I'd buy one. I HOPE Heritage has stepped up their game 100 fold over their mid 1990's Rough Riders. Bought a P89 and the RR 22 same day, the RR was gone in a month.
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

Well, I was just thinking that maybe this is Heritage's answer to Ruger's introduction of the Wrangler. It seems most people's experiences with the Rough Rider have been negative. I have one which I mostly shoot .22 WMR through. Knock on wood - I haven't had any trouble out of it. I have a wrangler too, which I do consider a better gun. In my eyes this revolver carbine is high on the cool factor. I plan on getting one as soon as I can. I'll let y'all know how it works out.

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

Where do you hold the thing with your off hand without getting powder burns from the cylinder gap?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    Where do you hold the thing with your off hand without getting powder burns from the cylinder gap?
    Just like the guy shooting it in the video, otherwise it's ouch and blood blisters!
    Charter Member #148

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    It will be loud, it will spit powder in your face, and based on my experience with Heritage, in accurate. There’s a reason revolving carbines were never a success; they are unpleasant to shoot!
    My opinion only for what it’s worth.
    AMEN to that! Only way I'd shoot one is with a heavy leather gauntlet on my left arm.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Buddy
    Looks like the same old Zamak frame to me, with a butt stock and 16” barrel.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Krumhunger View Post
    Looks like the same old Zamak frame to me, with a butt stock and 16” barrel.
    It does to me too. Several sources made the statement that the frame material will be changed to steel. Maybe they're wrong.

Boolit Master

As in most cases it’s not always black and white I’ve seen and heard of junk rough riders, but to date the most accurate.22 revolves I’ve ever owned have been heritages, I think they are capable of making good guns but lack in quality control and there was a problem they had in the mid 90s with sourcing correct materials- or with initial machining I recall reading on it . But every once in a while you’ll still come across a deal for around a hundred bucks for one with both cylinders- even some of the less than stellar ones shot good enough to keep on the boat or in the tool box on the tractor, and if they are lost or stolen- you’ve not lost a family heirloom.
    Also I’m not that excited about their new revolving carbine - the Ubertti I used to own called the buffalo scout IIRC was hellish to shoot.

Yes, that cylinder gap that’s normally at arms length is now inches from your eyes and ears.

Boolit Bub
    Interesting, but seems more like a novelty and fun gun rather than something really useful.

I like my Rough Rider, it's a fun little plinker and great for shotshells for the snakes, but not sure I'd be up for this one.

Boolit Grand Master

Accurate when new IF they shoot at all but they will not last. Any number of 30 year old guns have come in with loose barrels as the frame wears. I won't order recommend or sell one in the shop.

I had 3 brand new guns come in on a special order from a customer who wouldn't listen two would not fire right out of the box.

Boolit Master
    How bout that 'ere safety on the hammer? Local shop is selling Heritage for $140 and Ruger Wranglers for $190.
    Britons shall never be slaves.