Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: Remington 12A .22 cal. need HELP !!!

Boolit Buddy

Remington 12A .22 cal. need HELP !!!

Hey ya'll ,, I work on " lever's " ( toggle links ) this is a PUMP,, belongs to a friend ( of course ),, the problem w/ the little rifle is it won't let the last rd. slide into the lifter,, it gets hung and the carrier dog ( I think that's what it's called ) don't pull the rd. back to the lifter, if I point the muzzle up and gently work the action some of the time ( 50-50 )the rd. is picked up by the lifter and ejects fine. What is worn out ,, what do I need to make ( have a lathe & mill ) It is a Model 12 A ,, late model , I have watched 9 million ( close ) video's on how to disassemble & reassemble ??? no one works on'm just take'm apart and put'm back together ( complain !, complain ! ) is this a common problem w/ older Rem."s .

coffee time ,, maybe two cups. Hootmix.

Boolit Master
    Sounds more like the magazine spring is too soft or too short. That's what I would scope out first. If it is the problem, PM me. I have a junker M12 that feeds like a champ I could be talked out of.

Boolit Buddy
    gnoahhh,, thanks for the holler back ,, the rifle feeds all of the rds. smoothly except for the last one,, cked out the spring even added a 1/2" long plug to the top of the spring to make it stronger , also made a temporary longer stem ( 3/4 " ) longer to push the rd. out father ,, ziltch, the rd. still got wedged and the carrier dog still would not pull the rd. back , but like I said ,tilt the barrel up and gently slide the action back the rd. fed, & ejected fine. I know she's worn but ! just need to know which part to replace,, ( ck PM ).

coffee's ready ,, Hootmix.

Boolit Master

Like Gnoahhh said, weak spring or could be the wrong inner tube not pushing the last round into the action far enough. It is common the see old guns with a replacement inner tube. Usually the new inner tube will be brass where the original was steel.

Boolit Grand Master

Mag spring, the problem is common with these. Brownells has the sprong blanks cut it say 4inches longer than the compressed one.

Boolit Buddy
    Hey ya'll ,, John it does have a brass inner tube,, KCSO ,, will put a longer plug ( 2-4 ") on top of spring , if that helps make the spring stronger will get new spring.

more coffee ,, Hootmix.