Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Roper style boot recommendations

Boolit Master

Roper style boot recommendations

Getting ready to go out in search of a new pair of pull on Roper style boots after many years. My current pair of Georgia Boots western boots are about shot. I'm looking for something more in line with a 1in walking heel rather than the taller riding heel. These days I spend more time in an office than out and about outdoors.

As a younger lad Justin Ropers were the standard but in searching the net there are a lot more manufactures. My wife has recently gotten some Ariats and they seem to be pretty decent.

Boolit Master

I have been looking at these for a wile but still on my wish list https://www.tecovas.com/collections/mens-collection
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Moderator Emeritus

Boots are like guns, the makers have changed so much I wont buy without looking them over.
    grit yer teeth an pull the trigger

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Ariat brand.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Justin, still. But not the Chinese ones because Justin won't fix or re-sole those. Get the US/Mex ones. My last pair went 15 years. At least that what my feet tell me. I'm too old for bulldogging heels, I might roll my ankle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Budzilla 19 View Post
    Ariat brand.
    That's what I went with for my last set of work boots , got a lower heel an a steel toe have to admit after about two days of break in they feel great for a 10 hour shift standing
    And walking on concrete . I've always been a lace up redwing or Carolina boot guy this was my first pair of pull on boots and I'm very satisfied with them
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the input, unfortunately i didnt see Texas' post and ended up with a Chinese pair so we will have to see how they last. I on the tried the Ariats and the pairs i put on were too tight across the top of my foot.

I can't help with my own experience, but these look appropriate since this is a shooting forum.
    https://www.bootbarn.com/roper-mens-...000230422.html

I don't wear slip on boots, only lace-ups for me. I have an older pair of Rocky boots that have served me well for many years. They have a roper shape, but lace up. They are lightly insulated for cold weather. I guess they are more like a logging boot than roper since they also have tread instead if a smooth bottom. Anyway, they have held up well and I'd recommend a look at the Rocky brand.

Boolit Master
    These are mostly for clomping around and occasional wear at the office. For the serious work stuff I have a nice pair of Red Wings to get the job done