Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: something differnt

Banned

something differnt

we had a lot of ham left over. My wife took what she needed to make scalloped potatoes and I took the rest. I sprayed pam in a casserole pan and spread out a tube of crescent rolls for a bottom crust. Then scrambled 15 eggs till they were about half done. Mixed in about pound and a half of diced ham. a cup of cheddar cheese and about a cup and a half of the stuffing my wife makes with my home made sausage in it. topped it with another roll of crescents and baked till it was brown. Ended up pretty good. I do it all the time with bacon and sausage but never tried ham and the stuffing gave it a bit of a kick and wasn't overpowering (I can take or leave stuffing) grandkids really liked it.

Boolit Buddy

Great idea! I make or should i say reheat a ham in a smoker with water pan. It is always juicy and moist and I can control the amount of smoke flavor(and in smoker vs oven is less salty tasting). Everybody likes the flavor so there is usually not as much left as I hope, so sometimes I buy a much bigger ham for the group we are expecting. My wife makes some egg dishes similar to what you described. She also makes a creamy soup with potatoes, corn, celery, carrots & whatever else. I make a cordon blue with either venison or chicken. We like calzones and more often than not, end up making them( I want smoke flavored pieces for the calzones), in fact we are required to make them if our youngest daughter is home. Bone and some meat goes to my mom for either boiled dinner or a soup. Ham keeps for over a week unlike recommendations for chicken or turkey.

Moderator Emeritus

Ham goes in the freezer to be sliced for fried ham sandwiches when I thaw it! Ham and cheese and tomato soup...

Boolit Buddy
    Sounds good

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Ham goes in the freezer to be sliced for fried ham sandwiches when I thaw it! Ham and cheese and tomato soup...
    Fried Ham sandwiches with cheese and Tomato soup....my that sounds so good !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Banned

I love me a grilled ham and cheese sandwich on swirl rye bread but you can keep the tomato soup. I like chunks in my soup.

Banned
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC300001.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	253896

I went a different route this year. My present to myself was a used Kitchen aid Pro 6 mixer and I got a grinder attachment as a present. The setup made small work of the left over ham. I ground up a bunch of it and the ground ham works well with hash browns and eggs. I also made some ham salad. Beats the hell out of chopping stuff up by hand.

If I had thought of it I probably would have tried a potato/ham/cheese casserole. But there is always next year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I love me a grilled ham and cheese sandwich on swirl rye bread but you can keep the tomato soup. I like chunks in my soup.
    Lloyd, pick up a package of cherry tomatoes or simply dice some up in the soup before you heat it up and you will have your chunky tomato soup.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Lloyd, pick up a package of cherry tomatoes or simply dice some up in the soup before you heat it up and you will have your chunky tomato soup.
    Yup and some basil chopped.. a little garlic... top with shaved parm...

Banned

Now chuck up some of that ham and throw that in with the cherry tomatoes add marys garlic and basil and some potatoes or noodles and you might get my attention.