Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Inline FabricationADvertise hereRotoMetals2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shotgun pattern size

Boolit Master

Until you pattern the shotgun with the loads your using, it is a crap shoot.

Boolit Master
    The thing about choke selection for distance isn’t what worked one day, but what will give the best chance of working Every Time. I shoot lots of vintage guns, most are mod or full. I started out with a fixed mod choke in my one and only shotgun around 1970. After going full circle with lots of choke tubes ect., I am again of the opinion that you can do most of the work a shotgun is needed for with a well pointed fixed modified. Changing loads like 9s for close, 6s for long and nontoxic for ducks is better than constantly gobbling with choke tubes. Sporting clays included, but at the top you are going to need IM or more for some of the really long stuff. In general, IC will get you a lot of broken targets if you stay focused on the target and not wondering about the choke. I find myself comfortable with a nice old gun in IC and Mod , or Mod and Full the way a lot of them were built.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12