Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
WidenersRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Thompson Center dying?

They used to be a top notch company back in Rochester, NH., but since S&W took over they have slid quite a bit. I like the Compass, but the new inline model every year is quite annoying.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    A couple days ago I had one of my oldest Contender frames fail to open or eject then when pulling the barrel off, a part just fell out. Old schematics don't say much about how this part is oriented or how attached. I sent an email to T/C Customer service and they got right back to me in under an hour. They are sending a shipping label to send it their shop. That was quick. That frame is close to 40 years old and has seen a lot of use. If the shop can fix it and get it back to me in any reasonable amount of time, they will be heroes in my book. Apparently they are not dead yet and maybe even that lifetime warranty is still good 40+ years later.
    Update - I just got the frame back after about four weeks. Not only did they fix the problem but replaced the sear, trigger spring, and interlock spring all at no charge. That frame is probably now good for another 30+ years. From the invoice, S&W used their blackpowder rifle people for the work. T/C isn't dead yet and I am a happy camper.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    Update - I just got the frame back after about four weeks. Not only did they fix the problem but replaced the sear, trigger spring, and interlock spring all at no charge. That frame is probably now good for another 30+ years. From the invoice, S&W used their blackpowder rifle people for the work. T/C isn't dead yet and I am a happy camper.
    Had a very similar experience with them sending an old Contender back about a year ago. They did all the work free and even payed for the ride back and forth. Pretty happy with their customer support.

Boolit Master
    That is really good to hear! Was reading posts elsewhere about guns not repairable, ect.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123