Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gaep finishing roll crimper

Boolit Master
    If you look on youtube at the gaep and cortini & pezzotti shotshell loaders they spend most of their effort on the crimp. It promotes consistent ignition while the rest of the loading process is a bit hit and miss.

Boolit Master
    Sorry for the drift , but does the GAEP hull trimmer actually work ? leaving a smooth level cut even through the crimped section of the hull .

The shells shown by blood trail showed imperfections because he crimped too deep. You can see the crimp in the roll. Adjust the machine to a less deep crimp.

It trims, but it does not skive. So with small shot you get a hole in the center of the star and pellets may get out. There is another tool to skive.

Boolit Master
    I'm just interested in hull trimming , to cut off hulls with a square smooth level cut .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
    I'm just interested in hull trimming , to cut off hulls with a square smooth level cut .

I use a piece of 3/4 pvc cut to the length I need with the ends squared for 12 ga. A layer of masking tape on the inside makes a snug fit.

swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Boolit Master

I use a piece of 3/4 pvc cut to the length I need with the ends squared for 12 ga. A layer of masking tape on the inside makes a snug fit.

swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Boolit Master
    Swamp that sounds like a great trick , using the tape to get a snug hull fit . I roll 12 , 20 & 410s I have found tubing for all that almost fit , but not exactly . The right length of tubing and a utility knife does a ruff job but it's mighty slow and not perfect to say the least . . My last attempt reminded me how dissatisfied I am with the trim doctor I should just throw it away so I won't keep seeing it - that's what has been stopping me from trying the new trimmer . Thanks for the tip

Swamp that sounds like a great trick , using the tape to get a snug hull fit . I roll 12 , 20 & 410s I have found tubing for all that almost fit , but not exactly . The right length of tubing and a utility knife does a ruff job but it's mighty slow and not perfect to say the least . . My last attempt reminded me how dissatisfied I am with the trim doctor I should just throw it away so I won't keep seeing it - that's what has been stopping me from trying the new trimmer . Thanks for the tip
    https://youtu.be/_EIIigYSsiE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Looks great!!

I have t loaded shotgun shells in thirty years!!! Im starting again this winter!!! I have had a roll crimper for my DP and it works awesome. I just ordered a 410 version. Hope it works as well as yours appears too!! ♥️♥️

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    I think I'm going to order one and try it out .....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12