RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Lee Precision

Thread: I like this... Interview

USMC 77, USRA 79

I like this... Interview

Just wanted to pass along...

Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her "How could God let something like this happen?" (regarding the attacks on Sept, 11, hurricanes and earth quakes. Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response. She said "I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?" In light of recent events...terrorists attack, school shootings, etc. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found recently) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK. Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school .... the Bible says thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK. Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's grandson committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said OK. Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves. Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with "WE REAP WHAT WE SOW." Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell. Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says. Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing. Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace. Are you laughing? Funny how when you forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they WILL think, of you for sending it. Funny how we can be more worried about what other people think of us than what God thinks of us. But, if you discard this thought process, don't sit back and complain about what bad shape the world is in. No Nation or people can ever survive or succeed without Jesus Christ.

marko
    Last edited by Markopolo; 12-26-2019 at 01:41 PM.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Grand Master
    Marko,

Much truth in that, but God will not protect us from "acts of God", evil, or terrorist attacks. etc.

God created evil before the first sin of man. God chose not to protect Adam and Eve, and did not tell them about Satan. There is a very good reason why God did this, but God has not enlightened us. Maybe we would not be able to understand?

A bit off topic, but I know grade school children taking more than one drug to control their behavior. Never happened when I was growing up. Kids who acted up got punished and if that did not work (and it usually did) they became juvenile delinquents. We had higher standards for acceptable behavior.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Dr. Spock's son did not commit suicide. It was his grandson.

Theological corrections:

The United States is not ancient Israel. God does not send devastating weather or enemy armies to punish our nation for breaking a covenant agreement.

The fact that bad things happen when people violate God's rules for living show why he has established the rules. God loves people. (Jump through a window and you will be badly cut--don't jump through a window.)

Banned

I like this... Interview

This is America today; 10 dramatic examples of how America has changed as we approach 2020:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2019/12/...approach-2020/

Banned
    Judge Andrew Napolitano on Christmas in America:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2019/12/...as-in-america/

Boolit Master

Evil is the natural consequence in the absence of God.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    I don't think it is correct that children today have no conscience or behave more badly than children in the past. Crime by young people is a its lowest level on record.

If God is punishing us way are so many of us doing so well.

If God is punishing evil on Earth why do the rich have so much and the good people have so little.

Horrible things keep happening but mostly to the poor people in other countries.

America is blessed.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    If God is punishing evil on Earth why do the rich have so much and the good people have so little.
    God will punish wrong doers, sinners and evil on judgement day.
    The rich, as I have observed are no more good, bad or anymore "evil" than the average poor person. Evil exist where God is absent in the world. If people ask God into their lives, and mean it, evil is driven out. Where there is light, there is no darkness.
    Last edited by Hickory; 12-27-2019 at 08:34 PM.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dangitgriff View Post
    This is America today; 10 dramatic examples of how America has changed as we approach 2020:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2019/12/...approach-2020/
    A real interesting read, but the liberals will not stand for the truth of why we are in this position.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    God will punish wrong doers, sinners and evil on judgement day.
    The rich, as I have observed are no more good, bad or anymore "evil" than the average poor person. Evil exist where God is absent in the world. If people ask God into their lives, and mean it, evil is driven out. Where there is light, there is no darkness.
    I will admit I don't have any really rich friends or acquaintances but I think almost all the rich are more evil than the poor. They have the means to do much good and they don't do enough. The rich should spend almost all their wealth making the world a better place. The even Jesus thought so, "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God"

If you have a billion dollars you should not be working on getting more but working on doing more good with what you have.

Tim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fast ronnie View Post
    A real interesting read, but the liberals will not stand for the truth of why we are in this position.
    Why are we "in this position?" What position is it.

Tim