RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: Which mould for a 6.5x52 Carcano

Which mould for a 6.5x52 Carcano

Hi all I have recently picked up a M41 Carcano I would like to use for cast I am looking at 3 moulds from NOE
    the 270-145-FN the 270-151--RN and the 270-162-FN anyone have any experience with these moulds in a Carcano?
    my rifle slugs .269" but seems to shoot OK with Privi Factory loads and reloads using .264" 140gr flat base bullets and surprisingly well with the Nosler 140gr Custom Competition
    I was able to get hold of some Italian ex mil ammo that I stripped for components here is how it shot at 100m with 31.5grs or Varget and the pulled bullets

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.5mm Bullet Moulds.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	253912I use a 150gn Lee `cruise missile` bullet from a cut down mould, which I find works well in my M91 rifle.

I fix the gas checks with Loctite and load them as cast at .2695 with 2 coats of Liquid Alox and get zero leading.

ukrifleman

I'll bet the NOE 162gr will throat up nice in a Carcano. It does in my 6.5 Japanese carbine that still has its original chamber, oh and a Type I, which is to say a Carcano. Bands on the 162gr drop at .2705" using an alloy that's mostly WW, with only a little added tin.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

The NOE 270-145 has a fatter nose section. The Mid South custom Lee 6.5 Swede yaws a little but, may be the best yet.
    A deplorable that votes!

Quote Originally Posted by madsenshooter View Post
    I'll bet the NOE 162gr will throat up nice in a Carcano. It does in my 6.5 Japanese carbine that still has its original chamber, oh and a Type I, which is to say a Carcano. Bands on the 162gr drop at .2705" using an alloy that's mostly WW, with only a little added tin.
    That's the mold I was wanting but they are out of stock I'm going to try the 270-147-FN-D5 I hope it works ok

Boolit Buddy
    Thats an impressive group you fired with the Varget! May I ask; does you rifle have the gain twist? I have always wanted to try a rifle with that feature. I don't know how they would do with lead, but it might be interesting to find out........................

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1946 View Post
    Thats an impressive group you fired with the Varget! May I ask; does you rifle have the gain twist? I have always wanted to try a rifle with that feature. I don't know how they would do with lead, but it might be interesting to find out........................
    the M41 has a standard rifling twist
    I must say I was pleasantly surprised how well the rifle shot with the pulled military bullets it would be real nice if I could get cast to shoot that well