RepackboxWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom handgun Grips

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tatume View Post
    I have boxes full of grips that I don't use. Then I hit upon Altamont Grips. https://www.altamontco.com/

Now I have Altamont grips for all my S&W KLN revolvers. I'm particular to the Walter Roper grips, and have a pretty walnut set to install on the PC Model 686 my wife is giving me for Christmas this year.

Attachment 253446
    I like that grip. Elegant and classy, very nice.

Boolit Grand Master

It seems everyone and his brother makes grips for S&W and 1911's. Does anyone do custom for Ruger double actions?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    It seems everyone and his brother makes grips for S&W and 1911's. Does anyone do custom for Ruger double actions?
    I'm not sure if you consider Altamont as custom. I ordered these fish scale panels for my SRH, regular item listed on their website. The gun is long gone, I now have the grips panels on my GP-100. They are super grippy

Attachment 254774

Attachment 254775
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

I'm not sure where I would draw the line of custom. Something made to order I guess. Definitely not grip panels, I'm after a whole grip made to fit my hand. Herrett's will do it... for an extra $300 plus you ship them your gun. Has anyone asked Scott Kolar or Keith Brown if they would do Ruger's?

Boolit Mold
    I bought Herrets roper stocks for my red hawk a few years back and they are great. Sent in the hand print and I can touch my middle finger w my thumb easily now. It hurts more to shoot it vs the hogue but the control on follow up shots is incredible. Highly recommend the Herrets stocks

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Richnewcast View Post
    I bought Herrets roper stocks for my red hawk a few years back and they are great. Sent in the hand print and I can touch my middle finger w my thumb easily now. It hurts more to shoot it vs the hogue but the control on follow up shots is incredible. Highly recommend the Herrets stocks
    I would but Herrett's was adamant that they did not have tooling to do Ruger's. They would do it, but it was a custom fee. On top of the usual cost of around $125, they were trying to charge me over $200 for "fitting", and to do this I would have to pay to ship my gun both ways. All said and done, about $400 was what I was quoted last spring. I really wish they were wrong, or at the very least offer a semi-finished grip for me to fit. I love my Herrett Jordan Troopers.

Another vote for Herrett’s. Here are my three sets of Jordan Troopers. The fit and finish are superb, and they have by far the best customer service that I’ve experienced. I appreciate the way they do business, it made the wait more than worth it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6F79AF9A-19FF-422D-8E53-A4ACA74EDD01.jpg   C84477B7-3A15-4606-89B3-038A2702E171.jpg  

Herretts or Grasshorn. They are different types of product but both very nice. For Cpolt and Smith, Herrets will fit your gun and fit you. Grasshorn deals more with horn and antler and perhaps bone. He made a fine set of stags for my Schofield when he was still in Greeley, CO. There are also 7 or 8 revolvers with Herretts around here that give 100% satisfaction for fit and beauty.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Mold
    my stocks were for the prior generation redhawk 44 mag. I sent a hand print and tracing of the pistol butt. The cost was under 200 bucks and to this days it’s the only custom accessory I have ever purchased. I did ask if they could do some stocks for my super redhawk and they don’t make stocks for those. I will say they are worth the price I paid and then some but wouldn’t have bought them for 400 that’s but they are awsome.

Boolit Master
    Hickory -

Howdy !

Herretts Jordan Trooper stocks work well for me, on my 4" "N" frame .357Mag carry gun. My first set were walnut. Now I am using their Jordan Trooper stock
    in Goncalo Alves.

With regards,
    357Mag

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    Although I do not have any custom grips for any of my handguns, but, would like to for one of my S&W's. Let's see what you have and who made them.
    I could use some ideas.
    I am very partial to smooth elk magnas with a grip adapter.

Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A2BFFD77-B354-48AF-8012-9AC13DD48D04.jpg  
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Boolit Master

I have shot guns w/ grip adapters and they do not mesh well with my short fingers.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    Nice thing about grip adapters is they are removable!

I’ll take any you don’t like!

Kevin
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Boolit Grand Master

I have never heard of grip adapters. Does anyone make one so S&W grips will fit on a Ruger?

Boolit Master
    I have never heard of grip adapters. Does anyone make one so S&W grips will fit on a Ruger?
    That's not how they work. A 'grip adapter' is a piece of metal that fits along the front strap and fills some of the gap behind the trigger guard as pictured in post #31.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Grand Master

So it's more of a grip filler, not actually an adapter? Dang. It seems like a guy could make good money making Ruger to S&W adapters though.

Boolit Mold
    The graining could be nicer on this set but I've always been fond of Nill grips. Their stippling is very tacky without making your skin sensitive.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140913_201809.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	255402
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140913_201924.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	255403

Boolit Master

Some beautiful examples of custom grips!

Boolit Master
    K frame-Aharends retro-bananna for me!

Boolit Master
    Eagle Secret Agent on my GP100, and Thailand on my SP101.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast