RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the best cleaner for cleaning barrels, I shoot only cast bullets, thanks

Banned

+1 more for Hoppes #9. In using it after shooting lead I usually use a soaked patch and a bronze brush, then I let it soak for a while, some I have let soak overnight. Then I come back with another wet patch and then I run dry patches til they come out clean. Then I run an oil patch and a dry one. It has always worked for me.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    I have Tried a lot of Lead bullet cleaners over the years: Gunzilla is pretty amazing! you run a few wet patches in the bore...& a few hours later you push a tight patch through the bore! If you have leading.... this stuff gets under it and lifts it!
    And BTW I have tried almost everything here that has been recommended.... over the years! My choice is Gunzilla....I don't know what it is but I know what it does!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Master
    Lots of good answers here, but it all comes down to the real fact that just about anything works well if you're only shooting cast bullets. Many products, regardless of cost will probably equal the results obtained with Hoppe's #9 or Ed's Red, but I doubt any will do a better job.

Boolit Master

Yet another discussion of bore cleaners. It seems that nostalgia plays a big part. Before I wrote the preceding sentence, I looked up the definition of nostalgia. It means "good memories". In other words remembering what works.

I mainly use Ed's Red or an equivalent named Steve's Squeeze. I've got the remains of a gallon can of each in the shop and refill a pint can of either when the smaller can is empty. I especially like the post that said the best bore cleaner for cast is fitting the boolit, but we all mess up occasionally and have to scrub out some leading.
    John
    W.TN

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123