Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: midway did it again

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kayala View Post
    I do buy from them from time to time but their shipping to east coast sucks - usually no less then a week. Their "mail innovation" usually adds couple more days.
    Somebody here taught me a trick to avoid that. Just add a box of ammo to your order. The post office won’t handle ammo so they can’t use smartpost or any other service that hands off to the P.O. Even a $3 box of 22 ammo is all it takes. I do it with every order now so they always use UPS.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Master

I'll give the Potterfields some credit. The ordering process is far easier today than it was in the 90's. The pricing is competitive. It's much easier navigating Midway over Brownell's. Makes the shipping time a little easier to bear.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45 View Post
    Somebody here taught me a trick to avoid that. Just add a box of ammo to your order. The post office won’t handle ammo so they can’t use smartpost or any other service that hands off to the P.O. Even a $3 box of 22 ammo is all it takes. I do it with every order now so they always use UPS.
    Thanks, Elkins, sounds like a nice trick I'm going to try it next time "Innovation" is the only annoying part of Midway orders for me.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45 View Post
    Sometimes that lil box of ammo results in increased shipping charges.

Quote Originally Posted by bob208 View Post
    placed a order with midway Saturday. went out to day there it was on the porch to day.
    They sure were good to me.

ACC

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    What it all boils down to ladies is we are all getting older and find ways of ******** about everything under the sun. We complain about Dillon's shipping rates but we don't complain when they ship us parts to repair our presses. We complain about getting something with rust on it and we should simply because our hard earned money should deliver us a product free from defects. I suggest that instead of bad mouthing a company we simply pick up the phone and call them with our complaint and we might just get a refreshing answer we didn't expect. What ever company out there we are going to find a reason to complain. That is who we are. We are the cheapest SOB's out there trying to get the most for our money with the cheapest or for that matter free shipping. When we get the shipping problem so we don't have something to bitch about then let us start on the pricing.
    Before my brother died, this past September he bought a brand new LEE 20 pound pot. Used it twice before he died. I got a hold of it and melted some metal in it. It had a catastrophic failure, where all the melted metal just ran out the bottom. There was nothing I could do. I got a couple of minor burns on me, and about ten holes in the blue jeans I was wearing.

I got on Lee's web site and put in a complaint. No answer no answer no answer. So my wife got a hold of a friend of hers and found out what their phone number was. I called and they where happy to talk to me until I told them about the bad engineering of this pot. They hung up on me three times. Finally I got hold of someone who told me to mail it back to them and they would fix it. I don't want it fixed. It is defective. I told them just send me another pot. They said that I would have to pay shipping both ways. The pot I was sending back, and the pot they would be sending me as soon as they got my pot looked at.

The 20 pound pot is a nightmare and anyone who has one that works right and doesn't fail is on lucky person. Lucky me I have a 10 pound pot from 1983 that works great.

ACC

Boolit Buddy
    Midway get's it on the road fast,and I always get my parcels fast even with them being sent Sure Post.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    They are fast. That is why I waited to place an order earlier this week so by the time it gets here, the snow and ice will be gone from the road getting here.
    It arrived three days before they said it would and the snow wasn't melted. Amazing!!

Boolit Master
    ordered 2000rds of 22 ammo free shipping and shipped Tuesday, delivered today. Not bad on their part or UPS.
    Frank G.

Boolit Buddy
    Ordered Monday got it yesterday (Thursday) free shipping and birthday prices some years birthday pricing doesn't mean much this year it was good.Only issue they just throw your stuff in a box with a couple of those air bags I had boxes of bullets, brick of .22s and some aerosol cans stuff was beat up and dented.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ACC View Post
    Before my brother died, this past September he bought a brand new LEE 20 pound pot. Used it twice before he died. I got a hold of it and melted some metal in it. It had a catastrophic failure, where all the melted metal just ran out the bottom. There was nothing I could do. I got a couple of minor burns on me, and about ten holes in the blue jeans I was wearing.

I got on Lee's web site and put in a complaint. No answer no answer no answer. So my wife got a hold of a friend of hers and found out what their phone number was. I called and they where happy to talk to me until I told them about the bad engineering of this pot. They hung up on me three times. Finally I got hold of someone who told me to mail it back to them and they would fix it. I don't want it fixed. It is defective. I told them just send me another pot. They said that I would have to pay shipping both ways. The pot I was sending back, and the pot they would be sending me as soon as they got my pot looked at.

The 20 pound pot is a nightmare and anyone who has one that works right and doesn't fail is on lucky person. Lucky me I have a 10 pound pot from 1983 that works great.

ACC
    That is exactly why I won't purchase a Lee product. I learned early on when I bought a "Drip O matic" Never again no more Lee stuff. Anyway its sounding like your pot' lead valve failed to seal. Had mine dump the entire contents on the bench and on the floor simply because I was young at the time and didn't pay attention to seating the valve properly at the conclusion of the last casting session. Trying to fill the mold when the lead was starting to cool was the reason for my malfunction/ stupidity. Played with their 20 lb pot and their 10 lb pot and other than dripping they work ok I just decided to go from junk to a big boy pot on a bullet caster that doesn't drip.

Boolit Grand Master

Midway has become my favorite online vendor, used to be Graf and Sons. They have their website running smoothly, prices seem to have gotten better and have no problems with their shipping, 3-5 days and I have it at my door. They collect a lot of money for the NRA, that benefits all of us shooters.

So I just leave here and try to log on to Midway site- web site down
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

I like MidwayUSA, and they ship quickly.
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

I shop locally when I can, Midway or Natchez if I have to and Ammoseek.com for any preloaded ammo.

Boolit Master
    Natchez is funny. They are in TN but will not ship anything to anybody in Tennessee
    East Tennessee

Boolit Grand Master

Midway site still down today!
    Charter Member #148

Natchez was down for an hour Monday..... related?

Boolit Grand Master

They must of had to go offline to LOWER all the prices!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master
    I am like the rest here for the most part, I shop hard. The blasted tax has me ticked off. Ordering online saves me from driving to go pick up supplies is about it. It may save me from impulse buys though.

I just ordered some stuff from midway and hit the go button. I didn’t put their special code in and received no free shipping. Yes my fault but just seems silly to have to put a code in for that day to get it. It doesn’t bother them to not include everything I ordered(even though it shows in stock) and ship my partial order. Then ship the rest later in the day and hit me with more shipping.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    That is exactly why I won't purchase a Lee product. I learned early on when I bought a "Drip O matic" Never again no more Lee stuff. Anyway its sounding like your pot' lead valve failed to seal. Had mine dump the entire contents on the bench and on the floor simply because I was young at the time and didn't pay attention to seating the valve properly at the conclusion of the last casting session. Trying to fill the mold when the lead was starting to cool was the reason for my malfunction/ stupidity. Played with their 20 lb pot and their 10 lb pot and other than dripping they work ok I just decided to go from junk to a big boy pot on a bullet caster that doesn't drip.
    Are you sure that was Lee's/the pots fault,? Or maybe it's your fault, just pointing out we are quick to point the finger sometimes.My drip o magic is over 30 years old and still working fine. Yep drips almost as much as my other brands. Back to the point I think Midway USA does a Perry fair job. No other company gives back as much to the shooters world, Larry Potterfield is a fine business man,and a good friend.

Just my .02 worth.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast