Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: midway did it again

Boolit Master

midway did it again

placed a order with midway Saturday. went out to day there it was on the porch to day.

Boolit Grand Master

Midway has gotten a lot of bad press in recent years. But I still use and like them. They have donated a lot of money to the NRA over the years.

They've always been good to me.

Lots of stuff here lately that I shopped around for prices- they beat the competition by a very noticeable amount.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy
    Nitro Express !!!
    I use Midway for the great percent of my RL supplies.They run the free shipping with $50 minimum often enough that I never have to pay shipping,and they have the best value of high quality blem bullets at great value..

Boolit Master
    Yeah, a buddy was downing on them recently for not shipping ammo to Ca (he has FFL3) but I’ve always been fond of them and never any complaints shipping to MI

I put in my order on Friday and it said on the email that I should get it the 21 and got it today in the mail. They always been early for me to get what I order.Then the day it said I was to get it .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

They are a good supplier.

Boolit Grand Master
    midway used to be good to us here.
    For years I used to buy from them.
    Last order I got, they charged me an extra $10.00 for handling.
    Called and asked what was going on.
    They said it cost more to ship to hawaii and Alaska.
    Years later I noticed they started to ship USPS flat rate.
    Called and asked about it.
    They said they charge $10.00 extra to hawaii and Alaska for special handling.
    It's been over 15 years since I spent any money with them.

Boolit Buddy
    They ship most of what I order by "Smart Post " which is UPS delivery to the local P.O.for final delivery.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    They ship most of what I order by "Smart Post " which is UPS delivery to the local P.O.for final delivery.
    That for me is a negative when using them. My mailbox is 3/4 mile away which means when I order from them and it goes to the post office it's about a 5 mile round trip to town

Boolit Mold
    My only complaint is how high their shipping costs get. Don't have specific examples but just about any time I put something in the cart, it was ~$10 more than the competition due to shipping.

That said, no complaints about their ability to ship the right stuff at usually-good prices and good CS. They've seen my credit card a time or several and - barring substantial change - will see it again in the future.

Boolit Master

Nobody can ship ammo to California, not Midway's fault.

Boolit Master

I start d doing business with Midway in the late 1980s before they started marketing to hobbyist reloaders. A bunch of us rote letters to suggest they sell in smaller quantities (i.e., you could order 4500 round lots of boolits) and their flier was called the Com Load Report short for Commercial Reloader Report. Shipping was %4 of order. I remember reading the following month ‘we’ve been getting letters from out west . . . And they started targeting us hobbyists with more gear and smaller quantities.

I met Larry in St. Louis at the Annual Meetings, 2012. I introduced myself as ‘that guy from out west who wrote letters.’ He said ‘Frank, nice to meet you, your idea caused our business to explode!’ I hadn’t told him my name. I also met Barbara, his wife. Nicest people you’ll ever meet.

Sure shipping Chang’s from time to time, depending on who they are contracted with in a given time. I would have to say it is better now than when I first started doing business with Midway, I have spent a goodly sum over the years, and have rounded up since they started that program. Right now, I need dies for an 1892 7.65 Argentine Mauser, a gift from a friend, I already have a boolit mold.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Bub
    I'm larry porterfield and that's the way it is.

Boolit Buddy
    I do buy from them from time to time but their shipping to east coast sucks - usually no less then a week. Their "mail innovation" usually adds couple more days.

Boolit Master

No problems with Midway USA just too many emails but that is my fault.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    They are fast. That is why I waited to place an order earlier this week so by the time it gets here, the snow and ice will be gone from the road getting here.

Boolit Master

I've had good luck with them. And some bad luck. Ordered a new S&W pistol barrel from them and it arrived in the factory sealed plastic bag with a rusted throat. My last order arrived in good condition, but the shipper left it on my doorstep in the rain so my my loads, brass, and bullets needed drying off.

That order cost me around $12 in shipping, then the next day, they announced the return of the free shipping for orders over $49. I ended up buying new .257 Roberts RCBS dies off of Ebay for $25 delivered a couple of days later.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Midway uses the system where UPS hands off to USPS. This usually adds one day to the delivery time.
    Their orders used to get to me in about 3 days. That was a couple years ago. Last month I ordered and qualified for their $49 free shipping. It took 9 days to get to me. I was in a hurry for my latest order so I decided not to pad my order for free shipping and pay the shipping hoping the order would get here faster. It did. It only took 8 days. Same deal UPS handed off to USPS.

It also irritates me that after I order I get an email that my order has shipped. I check the tracking the next day and sure enough all they have done is create a shipping label. Back when they were shipping my orders by USPS they were getting here in several days. Their present system sucks.
    Chuck

Banned
    What it all boils down to ladies is we are all getting older and find ways of ******** about everything under the sun. We complain about Dillon's shipping rates but we don't complain when they ship us parts to repair our presses. We complain about getting something with rust on it and we should simply because our hard earned money should deliver us a product free from defects. I suggest that instead of bad mouthing a company we simply pick up the phone and call them with our complaint and we might just get a refreshing answer we didn't expect. What ever company out there we are going to find a reason to complain. That is who we are. We are the cheapest SOB's out there trying to get the most for our money with the cheapest or for that matter free shipping. When we get the shipping problem so we don't have something to bitch about then let us start on the pricing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast