RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New pistol score Wichita 7mm international

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks, i learn something new everyday.!

If it will chamber, it will iron out when you fire it just fine. I've been reloading for decades and I lube dented some 22-250s last month. No worries, clean out the die and use a little less lube.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Great. Thanks!

Boolit Buddy
    Anyone know which scope mount bases to buy for this? I really need a scope on this beast, thank you.
    He who cuts his own firewood, warms himself twice.

Boolit Master
    Don’t get 7 international and the 7Int-R data mixed up.
    If you lube cases when forming,just lube at the web and keep it off the body.
    Fire forming will either blow the dent out or crack it. I would not waste the time to find out. I would suggest using new virgin once you figure out the forming process.

FYI the stupid long neck, the cartridge was originally designed to fix long throated 7TCU chambers.

Boolit Buddy
    I wont but i still need the weaver base info if someone has it.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't know if a factory base has ever been offered or not, but if you take your base to a machinist, they should be able to have it machined and mounted on your barrel is less than an hours time! A 2 piece base would be easier still.

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you Assassin, i decided to give it a shot myself this weekend. I had a picatinny 24 in blank to start sitting around. I used my drill press with my mill end bits from my 80% builds i did as 6-7 years ago.
    I hope it strong enough as i used the existing rear sight holes, if not i can always redrill and tap with a larger screws.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200210_170607sm.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	256543

It looks great, Handshaker. Give us a shooting report when you get a chance.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    It looks great, Handshaker. Give us a shooting report when you get a chance.

Will do, thank you

Boolit Master

This a great thread.

Something new and different and yet completely meeting the definition of Retro.

Can't wait to follow your progress reports.
    Dang too bad you are in kalifornia, I would love to see a hunting report from this gun.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TCLouis View Post
    This a great thread.

Something new and different and yet completely meeting the definition of Retro.

Can't wait to follow your progress reports.
    Dang too bad you are in kalifornia, I would love to see a hunting report from this gun.
    I am sorry but its called Commiefornia, I dont hunt anymore, although i live where there is an abundance of wildlife out my door. I do however have to dispatch a predator or nuisance critter getting into my dog and cat food or putting pets at risk.

Boolit Buddy
    Good Day! I want to shoot some less recoil ammo. I bought some 100gr speer hollow point bullets, does anyone know if i can load to the same specs as the hornady 100gr hallow point load i can find in my 5th edition book? They look to be very close to the same bullet. Thank you!!

I had one of those for years, and won a lot of IHMSA matches with it. The problem with them was, the cartridge had 'way more case capacity than you needed in a ten-inch barrel. Everybody I knew who had one loaded it with about 18 grains of SR-4759 and 139 or 140 grain bullets. It was a marriage made in heaven. Of course, Hodgdon's discontinued 4759, the swine. Fortunately, Accurate 5744 is quite similar, so that would be the first thing I would try. Range Boss might work, too.

Boolit Buddy
    I've been trying trail boss and i have to say i love trail boss, never thought i would hear me say that. With 11gr of TB and Speer 1895 100gr hallow points, its an absolute pleasure to shoot and still has a good thump. I would say its very similar in recoil and power to one of my revolvers in 44mag. I now feel confident enough to play with some more full power loads, but will always go back to TB for plinking. I should have tried it sooner and probably wouldn't not have sold my Savage striker pistol in 308 if i would have tried TB.But i did buy a remington xp100 in 221 FB when i sold the Striker. The Rem is a much nicer pistol anyway and better for a lefty since the bolt action is on the right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12