Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walnut hill dies

Boolit Mold

Walnut hill dies

Since RCE is closed and Corbin only makes an adapter to work with S dies, does anyone make dies for the Walnut Hill press anymore?

Boolit Buddy
    No one that I know of, if someone does start producing WH dies I am in for a set of .475 TC or 3/4e dies. Richard is producing limited dies and has some .224 point form dies on ebay currently. (Earlier this week when I looked.)

Boolit Buddy

Wouldn't it be easier to get a new ram made with the proper threads for Corbin dies? If you called Dave I bet he would do it.
    Zbench

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zbench View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to get a new ram made with the proper threads for Corbin dies? If you called Dave I bet he would do it.
    Might be for some but I prefer the WH dies/press over the S dies. I did look into getting a ram made to use the H dies but was unable to find anyone to do it. If you know someone that could machine a ram and heat treat it properly please let me know.

Boolit Buddy

You bet on the wrong horse. WH is done, Dave Corbin is in business with a dozen guys working for him. Like I said, I bet he would make a ram to meet your specs and since he makes his own stuff, knows what is involved.
    Zbench

Boolit Buddy
    You might check with BTSniper on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by 475AR View Post
    Might be for some but I prefer the WH dies/press over the S dies. I did look into getting a ram made to use the H dies but was unable to find anyone to do it. If you know someone that could machine a ram and heat treat it properly please let me know.
    Seriously? his ram is made from a standard sized hard chrome bar used in hydraulic rams.

Boolit Master

Since Walnut Hill are more robust and work better than S dies, I don't understand why someone else doesn't begin making them. Dave Corbin & BT come to mind. The Walnut Hill press is also superior to the CSP-1 & CSP-2. I use all three. The only advantage the CSP-1 has is that I can use my 45 acp H dies on it. It has less leverage than the Walnut Hill! For a lot of years I have been buying as many Walnut Hill dies as I could find, mostly from private parties, knowing the end was coming soon. I will be first in line when another maker can produce Walnut Hill dies of the quality we have come to expect just as I am first in line to get the new "old style Contender" frames now being produced by SSK.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Buddy

Bob, How do Walnut Hill dies compare to H dies? Comparing an H type die to an S type die is like comparing a Ford Ranger Pick Up to a 350 Super Duty. There is no comparison.
    Zbench

Boolit Master

Walnut Hill dies do not compare with H dies as to strength. I didn't say they did. I said the only advantage the CSP-1 has is that it will accept H dies. The point of the post is that it make me and a whole lot of others very happy if there was another quality maker of Walnut Hill dies.

Bob
    Last edited by midnight; 12-19-2019 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Sp

Bob, Tell me about it.... I need two more die sets... I even emailed him and begged.... And got a Maybe reply... At this rate Im going to have to make my own.... And that i dont look forward to....

Boolit Master

Richard has been selling dies a few at a time on ebay. One 22 6S set sold tonight with one bidder. So far I already have what he is selling. Others have sold from time to time. When I push up daisies there will be a lot more. I think that's the main problem. Our swaging community is so small that those of us who die provide a large supply of dies to the rest. The market for new dies isn't as large as some believe it to be. Why else would there be so few quality makers.

Bob

Vendor Sponsor

BTSniper dies in WH press!

Piece of Cake!

Any caliber!

Any bullet design!

As you can see the ejection pin is built into the die (already set for point form dies to proper position, a very strong set up), place die in ram (ejection pin side down of course), punch in top of press, good to go!

Supplied dies like this to customers for quite a while with perfect results.

This is exactly how I use my dies in my RCE hydraulic press. Works perfect!

Swage on!

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Boolit Buddy
    BT, do you by chance have a video showing the use of your WH dies? Also any chance you have done any jacket trim dies?

Banned
    Hi, will those work in the sea girt press? And I also am in need of some Jacket tubing making dies. Was wondering if anyone will make those? Don’t have the Walnut Hill Press...might have to wait on someone not unless if someone can furnish a punch to work with my particular sets for jackets made from tubing?

Boolit Buddy
    Richard Corbin told me the Sea Girt was only for light duty swaging 357 pistol and 30 cal rifle on down.
    Last edited by Gew; 01-01-2020 at 03:45 AM.

Vendor Sponsor

I used to have the sea girt and yes... my dies where an easy conversion either mounted in the top of the press or like the dies shown above with the die in the ram.

Just sent out a 44 cal one step die to a customer with a WH press. I didn't make a video, but anyone that has used the WH press and RCE dies should be able to look at my pic above and see how they work. Next time I get a chance I'll make a video. Really is easy and works perfect, BTSniper modified dies in the WH press!

Swage on!
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BT Sniper View Post
    Just sent out a 44 cal one step die to a customer with a WH press. I didn't make a video, but anyone that has used the WH press and RCE dies should be able to look at my pic above and see how they work. Next time I get a chance I'll make a video. Really is easy and works perfect, BTSniper modified dies in the WH press!
    Swage on!
    I have had my WH press and dies for years in several calibers with jacket form/trim dies and just don't see how those dies will work with the WH press, they look too long in the pic to me?
    Do you make jacket trim dies? I am looking for an adjustable length jacket trim die for .475 caliber. I have checked with Corbins and Dave will only do that size jacket trim die in his H die which won't work with any press I have.

Banned
    What dies do you make? Can you make tubing jacket maker? I know Dr.Blackmon also makes dies and a press too. But I have yet to hear from him. And with income tax rolling around the corner. I am planning to buy all the necessary dies in one go to save on the leg and arm consuming shipping cost.

Vendor Sponsor

Here is a look at the length of my die made for WH and RCE 22 cal die. Looking close I can see this die is actually about 3/8" shorter then the ones pictured above.

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast