MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersLee Precision
Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What handles do you prefer for MP molds

Boolit Man

What handles do you prefer for MP molds

What handles do you prefer for mp molds.
    First one I have used. I love it . I used a set of lee handles but they were not as good as an old RCBS set.
    They fit like they were made for it. Just asking if anyone else has similar results.
    KW
    Lifetime Reloader
    Veteran
    NRA- Benefactor

Boolit Master

Miha sells handles as well. Same design as the Lee handles but a bit better construction.

Lee on the left, Miha’s (MP) on the right.
    Last edited by StuBach; 12-15-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

I love the MP handles as well. They’re well built and function just fine. I’ve got Lee and MP handles as well as some Lymans including their nutcracker style.

Boolit Master
    The Lee handles open a bit wider than MP and I had an instance where the back bullet would not drop clear of the 6c MP blocks with MP handles. The MP wood is "nicer", not a dense wood but more solid than Lee.

I used to knock the wood used for Lee handles because the wood isn't very dense so they wear fast. After replacing several with Oak I can say Oak last longer but transmits more heat. If you wear gloves "better" wood makes sense.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    I prefer the RCBS handles, sometimes Lee's. Have a set of MP's also. They are much better construction, however, I find the MP's feel wider.....when the mould is closed. Making them more fatiguing for me.

Winelover

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    My RCBS handles are great. You can tell they are good quality. Unfortunately, they’re some of the most expensive. I only have one pair and use them for two molds. If I start getting more molds that need them, maybe I’ll in invest in another pair.

Boolit Master

Lee works fine with me
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Master
    I prefer lee , I find them more comfortable for me . I have a set of MP handles and agree they are made out of better quality materials . RCBS handles fit me and feel good to , but I find Saeco and new Lyman 4 cavity handles to feel clunky - strong and well built but just a touch big on the hold for me .

I only have NOE and Lee handles.

The NOE handles are extremely well made, but the larger diameter handles make the mold a bit more difficult to hold closed. So I'm using the Lee handles right now, but am having the problem of the wood starting to slide around. Looks like it's time to apply a bit of epoxy to 'em.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Boolit Buddy

I have Lee, RCBS, Lyman, NOE and Miha, they are all handles. Some need to be drilled and pinned, others don't. Beyond that if they fit, I use'em and have no complaints about any of them.
    "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."--Plato

Boolit Master
    No need to pin loose handles. Just rough up/dimple the metal and apply RTV silicon gasket adhesive.

Winelover

Boolit Master
    Or JB Weld. If you intend to drill Lee handles for a pin, use a Cobalt Drill. That sintered steel is HARD.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Moderator Emeritus

"What handles do you prefer for MP molds?" Bion, I prefer ONLY "MP" handles. A couple of years ago I was (figuratively) pulling hairs from my head with a mould which stopped dropping perfect bullets. The fix ended up no more than changing handles to a set made by MP (I ordered an extra set with next MP mould -- group buy -- I had ordered). To my eyes, the "other" brand handles looked as good as the MP -- I truly do not know why -- but simply putting the new MP handles on -- "perfection" (as close as I might cast to it ) returned.
    geo

MP or RCBS handles works for me

Boolit Buddy

MP Handles are just a little to big for my hands they are well built and I want to like them but I prefer lee.
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Master
    You know, it's kind of funny that I bought a set of handles with each MP Mold and noticed that they were larger than Lee's right off. Over a long session the MP do fatigue my hand, but that's telling me that I've had enough. MP is better quallity than Lee, but the Lee's are still good.

I have a more than a half dozen Lee handles for my Accurate Molds and the wood did start to slide after a few long sessions. I pulled out the JB Weld, put some in the holes, and they quit sliding. I had expected the JB to not be able to handle the heat, but it has.

Having Saeco, RCBS, Lyman, CabineTree locking, Lee, and now MP handles, if I was to have to choose, I'd take the Lee. Thank goodness I don't have to choose...

Boolit Grand Master
    I use Lee Handles on my MP molds, the MP handles are just enough larger to be uncomfortable in a long casting session. But I will join the choir and affirm that the MP molds are better built.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuBach View Post
    Miha sells handles as well. Same design as the Lee handles but a bit better construction.

Lee on the left, Miha’s (MP) on the right.
    Lee are on the left ? Those on the right look like Lee's to me .
    Correct me if I'm wrong .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Gary,

I cannot comment on the Lee handles on the left since I do not have/use Lee, but the set on the right is definitely MP.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Lee are on the left ? Those on the right look like Lee's to me .
    Correct me if I'm wrong .
    Gary
    Take this as the joke it’s intended to be: I said what I meant and meant what I said.

MP handles were on the right, Lee were on the left in that photo. Can tell by the blues finish (MP) vs silver (Lee)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast