Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heads up, Walmart is blowing out the their “assault” ammo

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar

Heads up, Walmart is blowing out the their “assault” ammo

I just ran there to get a couple of propane tanks for the shack to get my butt out into the woods for antlerless only hunting this afternoon and looked over into the ammo case. It looked like all the Tula ammo is marked five bucks no matter what caliber it is. I didn’t really scan to see what other calibers they had but I saw 762x54 and 40S&W. They had some other calibers there but I reload my own ammo so I wasn’t too worried about it but I did grab all their 762 x 39‘s for my SKS just to have fun and plink with. 320 rounds for 40 bucks I figured I’d give everybody a heads up. Maybe it’s just my local Walmart but we have another one on the other side of town and I’m not gonna run out there because I want to go hunting and I figured I horded enough and would give somebody else a chance to get the rest if there is any.

Boolit Master

Mine never carried it in the first place.

My pop’s is running out by the other one to do some Christmas shopping and he said he’d run in to see if they had any left. I’m guessing not because that one’s next to the highway where it’s always very busy. I never got excited buying the stuff because I can’t reload it afterwards but at that price I figured who cares, I probably can’t reload it for five bucks.

Moderator Emeritus

Local said they are going to keep on carrying ammo...

Yeah I didn’t ask them if they were blowing it out and getting rid. It was just marked five dollars and it didn’t even look like a sale price. My pops never made it out to Walmart. I called them a few minutes ago at the other location and was told were out which doesn’t shock me.

The article I read about a month and a half ago said that Walmart was going to discontinue caring ammunition that they “thought” was assault rifle ammo.

Boolit Master

Our Walmart cleared out their handgun and .223 ammo in the last couple days. I saw the "Clearance" tags, but it was all gone by the time I saw them. Now the ammo cabinet is 1/2 empty.

Yeah it looked like all the 5.56 and 223 bulk ammo was gone.

Closest Walmart to me has stopped ordering ANY hand gun ammo, 3 days ago they had one box of 50 .32acp and one box of 9mm Win White Box left on the shelf, also running out of rifle ammo. The sporting goods manager told me that as their ammo and guns sell they will not be restocking it any longer.

Boolit Master

I saw a letter on the counter of the ON Target Gun over Store in Kalamazoo "sincerely" thanking Wal Mart for their thoughtful and well thought out decision to discontinue ammo sales. This is the same store that posted a picture of Barak Obamma with a caption under it that said " SALESMAN OF THE YEAR" .
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

Picked up some federal HST $10.
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

Brickseek.com

Drop down menu.
    Inventory tracker
    Wal mart

Put in your zip

Click the sku search link
    Type in something like 5.56
    Click search

It will show all the active sku numbers and products.
    Click the little box and arrow on the right and it shows the price. The reduction percentage and will show how many if any are in stock at your local stores.

Enjoy gentlemen

Boolit Master

think ill keep my assault money out of their hands!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    think ill keep my assault money out of their hands!
    Same here. I have no idea what the walmarts near me are doing with their ammo stocks, nor do I have any desire to find out.

Boolit Grand Master
    our walmart never carried ammo.
    Seeing the kind of workers we have here, it's probably a good thing.

Boolit Grand Master
    Went there today. All handgun ammo gone, except for 22lr. Rifle ammo still there as well as shotgun.

Boolit Master
    Don't know if my WalMart has it or not. Even if they did, there is never anyone in that department to unlock the display case

Banned
    I have to go to walmart and buy some 762.x39 and 223. I hope they don't stop selling 22lr

Local here in GA will continue with hunting calibers... had my hopes on 45-70,

But they are liquidating all the pistol and scary AR and AK ammo. Nabbed a bunch of 45acp for the 1911 before the shelves were empty.
    A nice cigar makes a bad day good and a good day great.

Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    Don't know if my WalMart has it or not. Even if they did, there is never anyone in that department to unlock the display case
    Ditto. I had to have somebody paged twice to get that ammo. There’s never anyone at the counter in that store. The last four times I was in there I had to have somebody page twice...or more....to the gun counter. And you wonder where the problem with Walmart is... A store with guns and ammo in a glass case with nobody to guard them. They have about five or six muzzleloaders that are loose sitting on the shelf at all times you can pick up as well with pellets,powder, primers, and bullets right underneath them. Pretty sad but would take only seconds we all know for somebody to load one of those up and let it fly in the store. I’m shocked it hasn’t happened yet. They’ve had it set up like that for years.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 12-15-2019 at 11:57 PM.

Boolit Master

Shelves were pretty bare here, but I did see a bunch of .45acp Wolf ammo for $7/box of 50, and LOTS of .40 S&W (Rem, Win, Fed) for $7/box of 50.

I load those calibers, of coarse, and can load them cheaper with cast bullets, but that's pretty cheap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast