Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heads up, Walmart is blowing out the their “assault” ammo

The only Factory ammo I need to buy is for my 12ga pump gun. It is my Home Defense/bear gun the nearest Walmart won't be restocking 12ga slugs or 00 buck either. I reload for all my other guns.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    Ditto. I had to have somebody paged twice to get that ammo. There’s never anyone at the counter in that store. The last four times I was in there I had to have somebody page twice...or more....to the gun counter. And you wonder where the problem with Walmart is... A store with guns and ammo in a glass case with nobody to guard them. They have about five or six muzzleloaders that are loose sitting on the shelf at all times you can pick up as well with pellets,powder, primers, and bullets right underneath them. Pretty sad but would take only seconds we all know for somebody to load one of those up and let it fly in the store. I’m shocked it hasn’t happened yet. They’ve had it set up like that for years.
    People that know how to load muzzleloaders don't shoot up stores.

Boolit Master
    I guess The Walmart Boycott is Over. . Just give them close to FREE STUFF and you win
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    I guess The Walmart Boycott is Over. . Just give them close to FREE STUFF and you win
    Was there a Walmart boycott? I didn't sign up for it. I did leave New York State back in the 1980's though. We all do what we can do.
    Last edited by Ickisrulz; 12-16-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    People that know how to load muzzleloaders don't shoot up stores.
    Yeah, you have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by 2A-Jay View Post
    The only Factory ammo I need to buy is for my 12ga pump gun. It is my Home Defense/bear gun the nearest Walmart won't be restocking 12ga slugs or 00 buck either. I reload for all my other guns.
    I always have bought my hundred rounds of 7 1/2 shot for $22 bucks from them when I goto AZ to drill quail.

Boolit Master
    I very rarely shop at Walmart, but went to check out ammo prices, and all of the marked down stuff was gone.

Boolit Master

I just write checks to the Bloomberg anti-gun organizations instead of shopping at WalMart; cut out the middleman... The rest of you shopping there should just do the same.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    I am old enough to remember Sears, Montgomery Ward stopping ammo and gun sales and see where they are, might be a bad decision. Who knows!
    Frank G.

I went to the other Walmart yesterday myself and there is nothing left for ammo. 90% of its gone. Some guy was standing there buying the second to the last box of 5.56 bulk ammo. He was also asking about a Ruger 1022. They said they were out but getting more in next week at the $220 price it was marked.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I really don't care if Wal-Mart drops ammo. That is why I CAST & RELOAD everything myself!!!!! Except 22LR's. Haven't been in a Wal-Mart in probably 2+ years. And I have at least 5 (3 Supers) of them within 6 miles of the house.

banger

Boolit Master

Someone else will fill the vacuum. A lot of smaller shops are pretty happy about this.

I wish I could avoid Walmart altogether. I can't stand the place. It's always so packed tight and crowded. My wife and kids spend a lot of my money there. I think it's their favorite place.

Boolit Buddy

Why is it gun owners rush to save 5 bucks in a box of ammo putting money in the pocket of those who hate us?. I have not set foot in a Walmart since they made this decision, nor will I. They say they are going to stop selling handgun and "assault rifle" ammo...AFTER they sell the remaining stock, of course..gotta make that dollar. I swear gun owners are our own worst enemies.
    NRA Life Member
    Member Florida Carry
    Founding member/moderator COTEP

I saved $8 a box. So I’ll gladly buy the ammo to save $64.00 before tax. If I don’t buy someone else will. When it’s gone it’s gone. I learned along time ago to never spend over $20 on an item from Walmart because 99% of the their items I consider cheap disposable items. Phones and electronics are the exception. We won’t have to worry about it in a few more days because they’re basically just about out of ammo at my two stores so I’m sure it’s basically the same everywhere else end it is not like they have endless cases of it ...everything they keep in stock is five or six boxes of the most. So I don’t think the little amount of money they did or didn’t make on blowing out ammo across the US is keeping Walmart on the rise and being donated to the liberal party. Hate to tell you Walmart won’t be going away in any of our lifetimes no matter how much they are boycotted by most here. It’s basically a one stop shop that’s open 24/seven. The only other one that is open around the clock is one Walgreens in my area. The average consumer goes there because they are way too convenient.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 12-18-2019 at 09:31 PM.

I just ran there to get a couple of propane tanks for the shack to get my butt out into the woods for antlerless only hunting this afternoon and looked over into the ammo case. It looked like all the Tula ammo is marked five bucks no matter what caliber it is. I didn’t really scan to see what other calibers they had but I saw 762x54 and 40S&W. They had some other calibers there but I reload my own ammo so I wasn’t too worried about it but I did grab all their 762 x 39‘s for my SKS just to have fun and plink with. 320 rounds for 40 bucks I figured I’d give everybody a heads up. Maybe it’s just my local Walmart but we have another one on the other side of town and I’m not gonna run out there because I want to go hunting and I figured I horded enough and would give somebody else a chance to get the rest if there is any.

I can get it cheaper even with shipping on the internet. Brass cased stuff.

It will be a little harder now that my brother is gone, but a once or twice a year buy is still cheaper.

ACC

Quote Originally Posted by ACC View Post
    I can get it cheaper even with shipping on the internet. Brass cased stuff.

It will be a little harder now that my brother is gone, but a once or twice a year buy is still cheaper.

ACC
    Where can you get 40 rounds of Tulammo 7.62x39 for five bucks shipped without buying in massive quantities? I won’t order 1000 rounds at a time since the gun isn’t worth that much to begin with. I was fortunate enough to have one of the members here send me a bunch of factory loaded rounds, A case of primers, 1200 pieces of brass, and 400 soft point projectiles. I plan on getting these babies loaded up and just use the ones I bought for some fun plinking. Cheapest I’ve seen it is 10.75 + shipping... Unless i spend a couple hundred dollars in ammo which I’m not going to do. I’m not a bulk ammo buyer since I reload. This was just something I ran into that was a good deal so I had to grab it.

If I can order 40 round boxes for less than five dollars shipped please let me know I’ll start ordering a some as long as I don’t have to purchase in $200 bulk buys at a time as I would never shoot it that much and would switch over to one of my ARs I load for as they are way more accurate. I loaded up a few thousand 60 grain hornady Vmax’s with 25 grains a benchmark I use for predators. My avatar is 100 yard group shot with the load. Same load shoots .3 inch groups at 200 yards and it’s basically just as cheap to load as the ammo I bought. My SKS is a novelty gun. It’ll probably be a long, long, time before I shoot up all eight boxes of ammo through it.

The paid basically $2.50 per 20 rounds. Back when the $89 SKS surplus rifle dump was going on around 89’ corrosive ammo (which I still have a box) was $1.99 per 20 rounds so I believe I did well.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 12-19-2019 at 12:23 AM.

Boolit Master

I haven't been in a Dick's or a Walmart for that matter for ammo or firearms in quite a while. I have bought more than few through my local gun store, sweet lady (her husband was still alive when I first went there) who has had a shop attached to her house for 40+ years. Great place to hang out, walking distance from my CA house.

A few decades ago I would buy 40 S&W as I didn't have dies or molds yet but needed to qualify quarterly to carry. Between my brother and I we did not realize how fast that racked up. I ordered dies and a mold and we got after it. Heck, we had 2k empties. Well then they were full . . . and the UPS guy dropped of another 1k of once fired literally 5 minutes later. Then someone gave us a 5 gallon bucket of once fired. you get the picture.

I buy 22lr and occasionally 12ga slugs. Other than that factory ammo has never been my thing. I think I bought a box of 9mm when I first got that pistol. I had dies, molds, and brass before my 1911 arrived, pretty much the same for .380 ACP. Come to think of it, the 40 was all I had bought in any sort of quantity only because neither of us had dies or molds. I don't ever think I'll do that again.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Where can you get 40 rounds of Tulammo 7.62x39 for five bucks shipped without buying in massive quantities? I won’t order 1000 rounds at a time since the gun isn’t worth that much to begin with. I was fortunate enough to have one of the members here send me a bunch of factory loaded rounds, A case of primers, 1200 pieces of brass, and 400 soft point projectiles. I plan on getting these babies loaded up and just use the ones I bought for some fun plinking. Cheapest I’ve seen it is 10.75 + shipping... Unless i spend a couple hundred dollars in ammo which I’m not going to do. I’m not a bulk ammo buyer since I reload. This was just something I ran into that was a good deal so I had to grab it.

If I can order 40 round boxes for less than five dollars shipped please let me know I’ll start ordering a some as long as I don’t have to purchase in $200 bulk buys at a time as I would never shoot it that much and would switch over to one of my ARs I load for as they are way more accurate. I loaded up a few thousand 60 grain hornady Vmax’s with 25 grains a benchmark I use for predators. My avatar is 100 yard group shot with the load. Same load shoots .3 inch groups at 200 yards and it’s basically just as cheap to load as the ammo I bought. My SKS is a novelty gun. It’ll probably be a long, long, time before I shoot up all eight boxes of ammo through it.

The paid basically $2.50 per 20 rounds. Back when the $89 SKS surplus rifle dump was going on around 89’ corrosive ammo (which I still have a box) was $1.99 per 20 rounds so I believe I did well.
    Well I must shoot a lot more than you. No offense meant. My brother and I would buy 5000 rounds of 9MM, 400 rounds 7.62X39. We would reload the brass till it wore out, then order more. One place we ordered from was LAXammo.com. Some times they have free postage.

ACC

OPPS, He would reload it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12