Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: The People of Magma Engineering are Great.

Banned

The People of Magma Engineering are Great.

I called Magma last week and spoke to a kind woman about a problem with a 44 240 SWC bullet mold and was treated more than fair. The lady I talked to took the time and looked up the sale of the mold and then got the big guy involved. I was told that since the mold was over 6 months (actually several years) that I would have to stand the shipping cost. That is extremely fair I thought but I explained that my brother lives in Queen Creek and would bring the mold in. The mold in my opinion was making bullets that were too small which was confirmed by the big guy. The big guy made good his promise to exchange the mold and went a step further and cast a half dozen bullets and checked the diameter after sizing them. Where can you get this type of customer service in today's world? They didn't have to do this they could have simply said well its been over a year and too bad so sad.

This is the kind of attention to detail that is missed by most shops these days. This is why people invest in the Magma Engineering equipment. This is also why I sincerely regret purchasing the Ballisti - cast Mark IV bullet caster years ago as they are no longer fluid and Magma is still making steam heading down the track. What happened yesterday is why I will be selling my Mark IV and purchasing the Magma product.

I sincerely encourage others considering the investment to invest in quality equipment that retains its value or evaluates over the years. Sure you can buy cheap stuff but in the end buying the cheap is like flushing your money down the stool and purchasing good equipment is like investing in a prime stock.

Thank You Magma Engineering!

Boolit Master
    When I was commercial casting in the 1990's I had 3 Magma bullet masters and 2 Magma sizer lubbers, the people at Magma were really great with helping me any time I had a question. When I sold my Magma equipment in 2003 it was well maintained and brought top dollar.

I also had a Ballisti cast air operated sizer lubber, it was the biggest piece of crap I ever owned .

Banned
    In addition to the Mark IV bullet caster I had a Mark VI bullet sizer/lubricator. The sizer lubricator did function well I just could never get used to turning the wheel as opposed to the Magma bullet feeder assembly that is effortless. While the Mark IV works well and has been changed over to accept only Magma bullet molds it does require more attention and does not lend itself to automation like the Magma does. The main reason I will part with it is its inability to conform to automatic operation without a great deal of effort. The Magma is tried and true and adapts to automation almost as if it were designed for it.