Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this Winchester a good deal??

Banned

very wrong. I have a push feed 308 lightweight carbine and a 250 savage lightweight carbine with are both post 64 push feed short action guns. Ordered them both new the same day. The 250s were kind of rare as only 500 were made. I got them somewhere around 1985 and they were having a rebate at the time. I paid 250 bucks a piece for them and got a 50 dollar rebate on each. Should have bought 10 of them! By the way both are moa guns. Heres one in 243 https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=100940861
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Until they went back to CRF, ALL post 64 m70s were long action regardless of caliber.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 01-21-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Sorry about that. After 1984 when USRA took over, they brought out a push feed short action. My mistake. I only used Remingtons and Mausers back then so I didn’t notice.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I found a 1975 Winchester catalog. I had forgotten about the 70A- I dont think I've ever seen one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Hey that's my rifle, first rifle I ever bought 1975, I had it in lay away at local gun shop along with a Weaver 3x9 wideview scope ,Redfield jr. bases and rings, 30.06 still have it.
    I free floated the barrel, adjusted the trigger, I can cover 3 shots with a dime with its favorite load, pretty much any ammo will shoot under 1.5 in. Its heavy but its my favorite meat gun.

Boolit Master
    Lloyd, I’ve got one of those push feed shot action Model 70’s too. But mine’s in .225. It’s got one of the nicest pieces of walnut I’ve seen on a factory rifle. Have taken it on a couple of prairie dog shoots and it will do the job.

Boolit Master
    Well, it's over.
    You guys been killing me, I went back to that pawn shop, and the rifle is gone.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Any bolt .30-'06 which feeds and goes bang with factory ammo in which the bullets don't keyhole at 100 yards is worth that.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    Well, it's over.
    You guys been killing me, I went back to that pawn shop, and the rifle is gone.
    Some smart guy scarfed it up! You'll be kicking yourself for years to come, what was I thinking.
    Charter Member #148

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    id buy it for that. Stocks are easy to refinish or just camo and a barrel can easily be taken down to bare metal and matt black duracoated or even cheaper brownells alumi-hyde. Ive had a few of those push feed Winchesters and all were excellent shooters. 250 bucks and a bit of elbow grease and 50 bucks in alumi hyde and you have your self a gun that's far better then one of the entry level bolt guns today. If it was around here it would be home already.
    I agree with Lloyd 100% here. Too bad it's gone. I was about to ask the Pawn Shop location.....
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Master
    I could never understand the allure of "controlled round feed" over the simple push feed. I always liked being able to drop a round on top of the magazine follower and chambering that round...notably one time when I just got done unloading my rifle at the truck and a deer made an appearance. I was too slow, my brothers got it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123