RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Newbie Here

Boolit Mold

Talking Newbie Here

Hello guys. I've been lurking for a while, but thought I'd introduce myself. After a bad initial experience with commercially loaded cast ammunition I thought I'd give cast bullets another try. No, I am not casting my own yet; I am taking baby steps here. Anyway, I purchased some lead bullets (Keith) for my .44 Super Blackhawk and loaded them this weekend. They turned out great!! They shot accurately and didn't lead the barrel.

I'm so impressed, I think I'll have to start casting my own.

Cool

Welcome to 45nut's insane asylum!
    Remember,casting and reloading save you money Stop by the chat room in the evenings and say howdy to the inmates
    Appalachian American Clinging to my bible,my guns and my H&G moulds

Boolit Grand Master
    Welcome aboard!

There are a lot of shooters that had a bad first experience with cast boolits and walked away. I'm glad you gave it another try. Just remember, NOBODY can cast better booolits for YOUR guns than you.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Master

Welcome, 44Magnum. This board is a treasure trove where very knowledgeable folks share their expertise with others, even Newbies like you and I. I've only been here about 6 mos, but will not miss checking it, every day. But beware.

Casting is addictive! It becomes an end in itself. It doesn't supplant shooting, just adds another activity to help the shooting effort! And it is really great to look at that boolit you created yourself, and say "I made that'.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    Hi 44 Magnum,

This is just like all those other meeting places where they say "Hi" when you show up and our hobby is just as addicting.

This has to be the most informative sight just from the sheer numbers of knowledgable reloaders that post here.

Enjoy yourself and don't be afraid to ask questions.
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

44 Magnum, Welcome Aboard!

Like the others have said, this is a awsome site for knowldge and helpfulness. I started casting a little over 5 years ago. There are many many guys here that have 40-50 & maybe more years expierence. Because of this, I feel like I have gained 20 years expierience. Maybe not, but it sure gives you confidence, when these experts speak.

Just let the questions flow.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

In Remembrance

44 Magnum

Hello and welcome.
    I have had nearly everyone, when they find out I am shooting cast boolits say, Dont they lead the barrel?
    I started doing this cast boolit thing in 1954. My shooting partner and I had to solve the problems we encountered ourselves.
    Now we have this great internet and the great group of casters and shooters that are always helpful and eager to help all of us.
    I have learned so much here at Cast Boolits, I am now in the position that I can give free advice, which is worth what you pay for it.
    Ask away.

Life used to be good

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings and Welcome 44 Magnum Everyone probably has some similar history with the Silver Stream... but we all survived and learning more along the way.
    I am VERY fond of the predesessor of your namesake.. the 44 Russian.. Started shooting this caliber a long time ago when you shortened 44 Special ... still one of my favorites.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Magnum View Post
    Hello guys. I've been lurking for a while, but thought I'd introduce myself. After a bad initial experience with commercially loaded cast ammunition I thought I'd give cast bullets another try. No, I am not casting my own yet; I am taking baby steps here. Anyway, I purchased some lead bullets (Keith) for my .44 Super Blackhawk and loaded them this weekend. They turned out great!! They shot accurately and didn't lead the barrel.

I'm so impressed, I think I'll have to start casting my own.

You won't regret it. Welcome. Man I can't believe no one took 44 magnum yet.
    Cool.

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome 44mag
    The main key to not leading is a proper size bullet. There is more too it of coarse but too small of a bullet will lead quicker than anything!
    Aim small, miss small!