Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: ruger does me right

Banned

ruger does me right

I ordered a new American in 300bo. While waiting for it to come someone traded in an older one. It was a first gen ranch. Looked pretty good and for 200 bucks I said what the heck. dealer said hed have no trouble selling the one I had coming. Well took it home and nothing but trouble feeding. It would only feed perfectly level on a bench. I called ruger and they sent me a new magazine. Didn't help a bit. I could have brought it back but didn't want to pass on a problem child to someone else so I called ruger again. they said if I paid 30 bucks shipping they would get it right. So I shipped it in. 6 days later I got an email saying that with my permission they would destroy that gun and send me a new ar15 mag model (the one I really wanted originally) for free. So I ended up getting a new gun for 230 bucks.

Boolit Master
    Nice deal. Good to hear they treated you well.
    I currently own more than a few Rugers & have had even more in the past & have no complaints with them at all. All have performed to expectations so far.

Glad to read about their backing up their products in such a way.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Buddy
    Well thats good that Ruger is taking care of you. I wonder what the problem was that the rifle had to be replaced instead of corrected. Maybe, dollar wise, its cheaper to replace a firearm than have labor tied up correcting it. Ruger replaced a GP100 a few years back for me instead of replacing the barrel so its got to be a bottom line thing.

Boolit Master

Ruger has always treated us well too. Fit and tune on a Bisley .480 and much the same as your experience Lloyd. Ruger had my son's Son's Red Label destroyed and sent us a new one at no charge. The firing pin holes were drilled slightly off center and it would occasionally miss fire. They have always made it right and left us whole, happy customers.

Moderator Emeritus

Please check bolt slop on that ar 15 model and report back when you get it. Inquiring minds want to know.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master
    Gives me confidence in Ruger doing that your for Lloyd. They are more than fair. It must have been a serious problem for them to decide to destroy the gun.
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post

So I ended up getting a new gun for 230 bucks.

Serendipity...…………………..

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    Please check bolt slop on that ar 15 model and report back when you get it. Inquiring minds want to know.
    I'm keeping a Ruger AR for a nephew. How do I check for bolt slop? I fired it about 10 rounds last year uneventfully.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I've owned many different Rugers since the early 70's. I have never used Rugers customers service,but have great respect for their service dept.

I have and have 8 Rugers. Never had any problems except on my No.1 the lever would come loose and fall sometimes with 100 grain loads in 243. I called them, they said to ship it to them, and five days later I got it back with a new lever and lever retaining springs. They paid shipping both ways. Great company.

ACC

Boolit Master
    I think the model that is being referred to is a Ruger American Rifle, bolt action, that is fed with and AR mag, not an actual Ruger made AR15. How do you like that Ruger AR15 tho?

Banned

why would the ar mag model have more bolt slop. There the same barreled action and bolt. Just different bottom metal.
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post

Banned

my guess is it make more economic sense to toss them in the trash and send another. Probably cost ruger less then 50 bucks to make one and with wages and benefits probably more then that to have a tech try to fix it. That and theres a rash of troubles with these rotary mag 300s not feeding well so the probably know its a design flaw they cant fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Gives me confidence in Ruger doing that your for Lloyd. They are more than fair. It must have been a serious problem for them to decide to destroy the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    I think the model that is being referred to is a Ruger American Rifle, bolt action, that is fed with and AR mag, not an actual Ruger made AR15. How do you like that Ruger AR15 tho?
    It's a neat one. I like the slim forend compared to the normal M4 type. Sorry for the thread drift.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

After reading the reviews on the Ruger American Ranch 300 Blackout I decided it would be a great little pardner for my BO upper. I ordered one up and was sent the one with the Ruger rotary magazine, not the variant that accepts the AR mags that I ordered (In no way Rugers fault) Ten days later I received the replacement. I tried the loads that I'd worked up in my AR and they would not chamber. No real surprise, Different rifle, different manufacturer, could be any number of things. I set my full length sizer down tight and made a couple of dummy rounds (after slugging the bore and measuring C.O.L with the Hornady gauge) Still had to hammer the bolt down with the heal of my hand to get the round to chamber. Disgusted, I went to the local Sportsmen's Warehouse and bought a 20 round box of factory ammo. Same thing, bolt had to be hammered closed. Took it back to the place of purchase and had them fire three test rounds. Sent back to Ruger for repair or replacement. Been over two weeks and no word. With all this virus thing going on, no telling if or when someone will get around to looking at the rifle. Some deals workout better than others. I'm a little disappointed with Rugers quality control on this one. Gp

Boolit Master
    Well keep your fingers crossed for me guys cause I got an SR nine in the shop now maybe they’ll do the same for me
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    Love Ruger but my story on the same rifle (5.56) is different. Same issue with one of the early run guns. They sent a mag. Didn’t fix the feeding issue. I sent back the gun. It came back fixed or so they claim. I gave it a try same issue with feeding. I called them up and they sent me a new mag again. Then back to ruger and came back not feeding still. Called them again and guess what they sent another mag. I gave you up and the gun lives in the safe. Still love ruger but I would love them more if they gave me a working gun.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.