Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preparing to fire my pop's Lawrence Sharps 45/120 paper patch

Boolit Master
    Best to just email me at brent@iastate.edu

Boolit Buddy
    If you can get over to Brent's, it would help a bunch. The stuff we do to make these guns shoot is a little hands on.
    Good luck,Bill

Boolit Bub
    Update: "The never ending saga of trying to purchase 45/120 brass"
    1) Dec 3, 2019 Ordered 10 pack of Norma 45/120. $5.20/case. Ouch...but I need this rare case. "Out of stock, backorder" Fine, I expected this.
    2) Early Jan, 2020. Called for status. "Back ordered, we'll call when shipped". ..OK
    3) Mid Feb, 2020. Same call, same answer. I asked if Norma/Ruag had confirmed and/or had and ETA. "No, and we can't do that".
    Grmmble, Several emails to Norma. Nice European lady gave me contact for Ruag, Tampa FL.
    More calls, finally got Joshua at Ruag. He actually put some into the issue. "That 10 pack is no longer a valid Norma p/n." (meaning my order was floating dead in space). "Here is the p/n for the same brass in a 50 ct. shooters pack".

Back to the web to Google the p/n. Oops, wrong p/n, unless I wanted 450 Rigby.
    4) Back to Ruag. Finally got correct p/n. Back to web and ordered from different retailer. ...whew.
    5) Early March 2020. Called retailer for update. ..."Haven't placed order, will get back".
    Get back: "Norma will only accept $1000 min order. We are waiting to bundle yours".
    6) 6 March 2020. Back to first retailer with p/n. Asked can you order? More cooperative rep put me in contact w/their purchaser. Also very helpful. "Yes, we are on it and can order. No delays for your order, we buy LOTS of Norma brass daily"
    Today. Order verified. $1.44/case. Whew. Loading and firing this gem is on my bucket list.....hope I get the brass before I kick.

....when I finally get the brass I'll likely be back on this forums "Buy/sell/trade" group. I'll have at least 30 new 45/120 brass for sale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12