Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Hope ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Hope ?

Hope . What is your hope ? Do you have hope ?
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

My hope tends to be earthly things, ( the car will start this morning, I'll find the carrots under all this snow, things like that ) I have confidence in God to follow through with his plans for me and our country ! He hasn't done all this for nothing.

Boolit Master
    My hope is fore the next life... Don't get me wrong I'm positive about my salvation. Just longing for home
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Grand Master

My hope is Jesus Christ - God himself and fully man as well. Hope both in this life and the next is rooted and grounded in Him and His activity in my life.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

My great hope is having our Lord and Redeemer Christ Jesus, come in the clouds, and with a trumpet blast and the shout of the archangel call us up, to be transformed in the twinkling of an eye, and be given our new heavenly bodies, and be with Him and all the believers forever, Amen.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

My hope is in none less than the blood atonement of Jesus blood, Signed, Sealed and waiting to be delivered.

USMC 77, USRA 79

My hope is in You Lord!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    Saw this and thought of this thread

If only there were someone to mediate between us, someone to bring us together, someone to remove God’s rod from me, so that his terror would frighten me no more. Then I would speak up without fear of him, but as it now stands with me, I cannot.
    Job 9:33-35 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...35&version=NIV
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Grand Master
    I do not hope for things that I know will come to pass as God has promised. His promises are assured.

My hopes are both personal and less self centered.

On the personal side....I hope I can be a better person. I hope to die without pain and suffering. I hope that my children will accept Jesus.

More "globaly"...I hope not to see the destruction of our society and our country...something I believe is likely to happen. I hope that the world will be able to live in peace....but that is impossible until Jesus returns as evil can never be defeated by man. Yet one can hope....
    Don Verna

Hebrews 6;1-20
    Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3 And this we will do if God permits.
    4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
    7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.
    A Better Estimate
    9 But, beloved, we are confident of better things concerning you, yes, things that accompany salvation, though we speak in this manner. 10 For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister. 11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, 12 that you do not become [e]sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
    God’s Infallible Purpose in Christ
    13 For when God made a promise to Abraham, because He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself, 14 saying, “Surely blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply you.” 15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise. 16 For men indeed swear by the greater, and an oath for confirmation is for them an end of all dispute. 17 Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath, 18 that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.
    19 This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil, 20 where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.

Our Lord and savior Jesus Christ is our only hope .

Moderator Emeritus

My hope is for our country to start working together again; for the Federal Congress to listen to the people and work together to solve the real problems the face our country; for the end of all the murder of our first responders, the citizens, and our military; and for a return of our country to follow Your teachings! AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

My hope is to simply realize God's glory, to follow the path before me, and hold the Grace of my salvation close within my heart. But then again, I'm a simple man.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

We live in a fallen world . We gain great insight by understanding that . If you don't have that understanding then you are tormented and lost trying to deal with it . But we have the comfort of our faith in GOD , we understand where we are .

Romans 15:13

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

John 16:25-33

These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father. 26 In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you; 27 for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God. 28 I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father.”
    29 His disciples said to Him, “See, now You are speaking plainly, and using no figure of speech! 30 Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God.”
    31 Jesus answered them, “Do you now believe? 32 Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own, and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. 33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

Our Lord and savior Jesus Christ did overcome this world . He did not abandon us , he taught us to deal with it . Accepting him , given the Holy Spirit through the rebirth of baptism upon accepting him as our redeemer by admission of faith we are liberated from this world . He is ever with us , he offers renewal even when we stray through his boundless love and mercy . He offers forgiveness for repentance , He lives within us to give wisdom and discernment in our lives . He offers eternal salvation . He is our hope .