RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1887 martini henry

Boolit Bub
    Check out Rob at British Muzzleloaders on YouTube. He is a master of the Martini and has lots of great vids up about making ammo

It is good to get the "old girl" shooting again! I was given a barrel earlier in the year and managed to secure enough parts to make a complete rifle. Once throughly cleaned and assembled, it has turned out one of the best shooters I have ever used. Even the original stock has the most striking walnut seen on a Martini.

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master
    They’re waiting till after the first to ship mine. I’m anxious but agree the last couple weeks was a bad time to ship anything
    Some people live and learn but I mostly just live

Boolit Master
    I received the MH a few week ago but have been really busy. It is a MKIV, Enfield, VR 1887. While it’s fairly rough it in far better shape than the pics led me to believe. The bore is dark but seems to have strong rifling.
    I received 25 CBC cases in the mail yesterday so today I fire formed a case with unique and walnut hull media. The case will accept a .475 boolit so the lee mold is on order.

To be completely honest I was hoping it would be rough enough to rebarrel and restock. 45-70 or 40-65 but I’m going to shoot it as is and hopefully kill a deer with it next year.
    Some people live and learn but I mostly just live

Boolit Master
    The Lee 475 /400gn mould works good in Mk IV ,I would like it better if it were a bit more aerodynamic....Never the less ,I can get just about 100% hits on a silhouette at 300 metres with the sights set on 500 yds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12