RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: tire question

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    Buy what you want. This guy will buy American if it cost twice as much! Until the whole country doesn't start thinking as a country and starts buying American we will never be what we used to be. They get richer and our country gets poorer! We take there cars with tiny tarrifs and they charge huge tarrifs on our stuff. Then I find it funny that during the presidency of our fake republican texas president G bush jr Toyota started building trucks in texas! How many Ford factories has Japan let us build on there soil? Fords aren't even sold in Japan! Like I said buy what you want but don't try to convince anyone that knows better your supporting our country doing it.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/bertels...ders-to-japan/

Shortly after the non-announcement, Ford spokesman Neal McCarthy told the Associated Press that “Japan is the most closed, developed auto economy in the world, with all imported brands accounting for less than 6% of Japan's annual new car market.” The first part of McCarthy’s line is lifted straight from the American Automotive Policy Council, the lobbying arm of Detroit’s automakers, and it lacks any proof. The second part seems to be purloined from the seminal oeuvre titled “How to lie with statistics.”

What Ford also does not want you to know is that the company has left Japan’s import market to its European competitors. More than 80% of the more than 300,000 foreign cars brought to Japan last year carried European marques; the American share was a minuscule 4%. Home to more than 10 domestic manufacturers, Japan is a highly competitive market, but sometimes one can't help but get the impression that Ford and its Detroit peers aren’t even trying to compete. Ford’s imported cars often have the steering wheel on the wrong side. Since 2008, Detroit’s automakers have boycotted Japanese auto shows. The boycott was only broken when Chrysler went to Fiat, and subsequently made an appearance at the Tokyo Motor Show. A little trying goes a long way: FCA’s Jeep brand is quite popular in Japan, selling more than Ford and GM combined.

Because they couldn't compete.

I spent three weeks in Japan last year visiting my grandkids and took hundreds of photos. I saw tons of BMWs, Jeeps, Range Rovers, etc.
    Last edited by Idaho45guy; 12-20-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456