Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: Parker Hale Whitworth

Parker Hale Whitworth

Acquired a Parker Hale Whitworth Rifle need to know what size nipple wrench to remove nipple, tried a 1/4 inch wrench but to small, any help appreciated also looking to get a new nipple are ampco good to go.
    Thanks

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by milcol View Post
    Acquired a Parker Hale Whitworth Rifle need to know what size nipple wrench to remove nipple, tried a 1/4 inch wrench but to small, any help appreciated also looking to get a new nipple are ampco good to go.
    Thanks
    If that is an Italian made last-generation PH, you will probably need a 7mm wrench to remove the nipple. It is probably an 8mmx1.25mm thread. If it is an English made gun a 1/4" wrench should have fit.
    Also, I'd recommend using a platinum-lined nipple in your rifle, as an Ampco or a steel nipple will burn out after as few as 20 shots from the pressure in that rifle's patent breech.
    Buffalo Arms sells the platinum-lined nipples; more expensive but very long lasting.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't have the Whitworth but I have a Parker Hale Volunteer rifle which is an early gun. A 1/4" wrench is too small on it as well. Mine takes a 7mm.

Boolit Buddy
    Inside track tip on nipple insert for any Whitworth.
    Get some Inconel 600 weld rod and weld one of your stainless steel nipples shut on the receiving end.
    Surface flat on a lathe and drill the hole needed,never look back.

Inconel weld rod can be had at any reputable weld house and is applied with a TIG welder.