PBcastcoRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: 30 XCB bullets

Banned

30 XCB bullets

Working on a strictly target load in a couple of .30 caliber rifles and am curious about this bullet as I have been hearing great things about it. This is the one I mean;
    http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...eogf2tq13kieb0

If anybody has this mold and would like to sell, trade, whatever some to me, I'd appreciate a chance to try it out before buying another mold. Just let me know.

Boolit Master
    Mr. Larry Gibson has mentioned using those type of boolits more than once before.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Hi Rich,
    I’ve got the mould with both GC & PB cavities and have had excellent results in all of .30 cal rifles. I’ll send you a PM later. Ed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegEd View Post
    Hi Rich,
    I’ve got the mould with both GC & PB cavities and have had excellent results in all of .30 cal rifles. I’ll send you a PM later. Ed
    Thanks very much! I really appreciate it.

Boolit Master

Rich,
    PM sent. So others reading this can benefit, I've had great luck with this bullet and it shoots well both as PB and GC. I normally use Lyman #2 and size to 0.310, with either conventional lube (BAC, Carnuba Red, 2500+) or Powder Coated. From an accuracy and leading perspective, I haven't noticed any difference between air cooled or water quenched. Then again, I don't scream these bullets like Larry Gibson does. He has an excellent write up of the 30XCB here. The bullet shoots well in all of my .30 cals (M1s, 03A3, and B78.) Here's an example group shot out of my M1. Ed

Attachment 250367

ETA: The "OALC" means with comparator, not actual OAL.

Boolit Buddy
    I use it exclusively for my .308 Win and get sub MOA groups @ 100 yards. Look up my post and you can find my write up. I just casted up about 1200 on Saturday!

Banned

Ed has graciously taken care of me on this, thanks. Hope to have some good blocks of time later this month to give this design a try. I have a rifle each in .308 and .30-06 to be dedicated cast target rifles, hoping this is the Holy Grail target bullet it is said to be.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Ed has graciously taken care of me on this, thanks. Hope to have some good blocks of time later this month to give this design a try. I have a rifle each in .308 and .30-06 to be dedicated cast target rifles, hoping this is the Holy Grail target bullet it is said to be.
    Something for you to read if you have not already.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-XCB-600-yards
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

BrassMagnet was telling me about this boolit recently while we were discussing loads for the 308. I would love to try it as well!
    He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. -Psalm 91:1

Boolit Buddy
    This bullet has excellent results in my .30-06’s. I wish there was a slightly larger version that I could try in 7.62x54R.