Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Deference to Gopher Slayer and the Biscuit Thread

Boolit Buddy

In Deference to Gopher Slayer and the Biscuit Thread

Folks,

Everything Gopher Slayer said borders on Gospel. There is no day so bad that biscuits and gravy can't make it a little better, no domestic issue it can't lessen, no emotional burden it can't lighten. Sadly, some of us are single, some are not skilled in the kitchen, some have culinary urges that their families do not understand.

But there is hope! We have that restaurant we might never tell our spouse about. I guess the lucky ones get their spouse to go with them! But almost all of us have a place we can go for fabulous biscuits and gravy- don't deny it!

So I would like to know where YOU go for biscuits and gravy if it's not at home. We all take weekend getaways on occasion, go see the in-laws in another state or county, drive for our job, or just travel for other reasons. When I'm in your neck of the woods, where can I go?

I'm going to kick this off with my favorite biscuits and gravy place in the world...

Toro Place Cafe

Hwy 68 Between Monterey and Salinas, California

Whenever my wife and I go to Laguna Seca raceway in California, this place is a required stopover. When you order biscuits and gravy, the waitress asks," Full or Half Order?"

Your plate arrives and it is a standard restaurant dinner plate- overflowing with a MOUNTAIN of biscuits and an ocean of gravy! And the smell will bring tears to your eyes! House-made baking powder biscuits, white gravy filled with sausage, black pepper and bits of onion too.
    I'm a man-sized man, not a midget. I have an outstanding appetite. But I have never been able to finish a full order her since my first visit in the early 80's.

So where do you go to buck the cardiologist or when your wife is out of town?

The only place I've ever gotten them is either rarely at someone's house or Hardee's.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Church Men's Breakfast,
    cat head biscuits, sausage cream gravy,
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

My place has been gone for 20yrs. Built 3 little condos.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    My wife's drop bisquits, and home made sausage gravy.... I've found close, but none have surpassed!

In Fort Worth, Texas go to Montgomery Street Cafe across from the mammoth new Dickies Arena, one of the Dixie Houses, or the River Oaks Cafe. Not as good as Mama’s- but they will do. I like bacon drippings gravy and I’ve got to have a side of grits, fried eggs and bacon!

Boolit Grand Master

Most restaurants here just open a can for the gravy. Only a very few make it up from scratch. I prefer my own

Tudor's Biscuit World..... Those from parts of WV will understand.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    The very best I've had is made for our Men's breakfast at Church. It is easy to make, too. It starts with a package of 'Southeastern Mills Country Gravy Mix'. Use milk instead of water, and add spicy sausage to the mix. It is best served with homemade biscuits, nice and warm from the oven. The individual sausage used can be almost any variety, so just choose your favorite. I happen to like something pretty spicy, myself.

Boolit Master

I know this place! It’s outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd N. View Post
    Folks,

Everything Gopher Slayer said borders on Gospel. There is no day so bad that biscuits and gravy can't make it a little better, no domestic issue it can't lessen, no emotional burden it can't lighten. Sadly, some of us are single, some are not skilled in the kitchen, some have culinary urges that their families do not understand.

But there is hope! We have that restaurant we might never tell our spouse about. I guess the lucky ones get their spouse to go with them! But almost all of us have a place we can go for fabulous biscuits and gravy- don't deny it!

So I would like to know where YOU go for biscuits and gravy if it's not at home. We all take weekend getaways on occasion, go see the in-laws in another state or county, drive for our job, or just travel for other reasons. When I'm in your neck of the woods, where can I go?

I'm going to kick this off with my favorite biscuits and gravy place in the world...

Toro Place Cafe

Whenever my wife and I go to Laguna Seca raceway in California, this place is a required stopover. When you order biscuits and gravy, the waitress asks," Full or Half Order?"

Your plate arrives and it is a standard restaurant dinner plate- overflowing with a MOUNTAIN of biscuits and an ocean of gravy! And the smell will bring tears to your eyes! House-made baking powder biscuits, white gravy filled with sausage, black pepper and bits of onion too.
    I'm a man-sized man, not a midget. I have an outstanding appetite. But I have never been able to finish a full order her since my first visit in the early 80's.

Boolit Master

Little cafe in Kendrick, ID called Archie's Place. Best breakfast anywhere for 100 miles...

Attachment 252639
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Vendor Sponsor

You know what ain't half bad at all? Libby's Country Gravy in the can!! I swear! It ain't homemade but for the minute or so it takes to heat it up, and pour it over two of them Tennessee Pride buttermilk sausage biscuits that you heat up on cast iron, then splash on some Texas Pete or Crystal hot sauce, ain't gotta go nowhere, ain't even gotta get out of my PJs!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Folks,

Toro Place Cafe

Bill Miller's at the corner of Bill Miller Lane and Goliad Road. San Antonio, Texas.

ACC

Boolit Master

Little country-style restaurant called "The Apple Dumpling" 'bout a 1/2 mile out outside of Urbana, IL...family-owned and operated, same location for 30-some years (burned down once and rebuilt), simple menu and great service.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master

There is truth to biscuits and gravy fixing a lot of things- I know a gal married to sort of an odd fellow, not much on talking or doing much with the kids; works as much as he has to , does all right but in his field he could be pulling 6 figures- as my grandpa would say- no gumption. Anyhow any time anyone mentions this fellow they say whatever about him followed by “but he makes the best biscuits and gravy I’ve ever had” and it’s true he does, better than moms better than grandmas, so he gets a pass on lots of stuff

Boolit Master
    Do you think maybe, just maybe biscuits & gravy could bring peace to the Middle East? Of course it you would have to use beef gravy, not sausage. I think it could work.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    I finally gave up on store bought biscuits and gravy. Most all were tolerable none like home. Same with spaghetti and banana pudding, restaurant version of those on occasion are inediable! Lucky for me Lori is an outstanding cook. Fresh biscuits this morning
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    The best breakfast place I ever ate at was Iowa Porker in San Diego. They had great B&G, but sadly they are long gone.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    I started reading wondering if just one of the places would be near me. Right there in the first post.

Toro Place Cafe

Whenever my wife and I go to Laguna Seca raceway in California, this place is a required stopover.
    You know there is a shooting range at Laguna Seca too. That's enough to get me to Toro Place Café for breakfast. I've only had their burgers for lunch. Good food!

Thanks!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

The best biscuits and gravy that I have had were in a small town were I Deer hunt in Galva IL don't remember the name of the little restaurant but its in a old Church and no not Alice's
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast