RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: T/C peep sight

T/C peep sight

Hi guys i posted here last week about a Fox Ridge Outfitters muzzleloader and promptly got the answer i was looking for. I’d like to ask for your assistance again please. The peep sight on the gun is missing the aperature and i was wondering if anyone would know if another brand such as Williams would be compatible thread wise and if not would anyone have a suggestion where i’d find one? The model # is 7194.Here is a stock pic of the sight i have:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20DBA7D5-1882-4FA6-A9FC-75C63CC238D2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	252575
    Thank you all for your help.
    Last edited by smorin2; 12-08-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    ​Je suis Charlie

Boolit Grand Master
    Pretty sure they thread all the same. Brownells has a selection of "gold" ringed peeps that I really like. There is a good ring around the peep aperture that really seems to help in low light use.

Boolit Master
    I believe I've used the Williams in mine when I wanted an aperture.

Thank you sir. I found a couple on Brownells site but wanted to confirm before i purchased. The aperature you refer to is one of the ones i was looking at.
    ​Je suis Charlie

Boolit Grand Master
    smorin2 -- If you search around, you'll see they have different aperture opening sizes. I got a variety to check out. Some are better mid-day and some better at twilight.

Thank you all for your help. I’m going to try a couple different aperature opening sizes.I’m new to muzzleloaders and really appreciate everyone who took the time to answer my questions.
    ​Je suis Charlie

FWIW, I use an aperture for zeroing a rifle, but usually remove the it from my peepsights and shoot using the resulting "ghost ring" - which gives very fast sight acquisition when hunting with a very minor loss of accuracy.

As for obtaining an aperture, many real gunsmiths (not SR parts-changers) usually keep a scrounge box around where they keep things like sights, sight parts, screws, etc - I would ask around locally.

Also a white line spacer from a QD sling swivel kit can be fitted to just about any aperture - like this fella did:

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Quote Originally Posted by smorin2 View Post
    Hi guys i posted here last week about a Fox Ridge Outfitters muzzleloader and promptly got the answer i was looking for. I’d like to ask for your assistance again please. The peep sight on the gun is missing the aperature and i was wondering if anyone would know if another brand such as Williams would be compatible thread wise and if not would anyone have a suggestion where i’d find one? The model # is 7194.Here is a stock pic of the sight i have:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20DBA7D5-1882-4FA6-A9FC-75C63CC238D2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	252575
    Thank you all for your help.
    If you're not in a hurry, Wednesday I could stick the thread gauges on one.
    There may be someone at Brownell's that could verbally confirm the threads will fit.

Thank you Goodsteel for that offer but i took a chance and ordered a Williams aperture from Brownells yesterday. It was less than $20.00 so i took a chance. I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to respond to my questions. This site has the most helpful and polite folks of any forum i’ve visited.
    ​Je suis Charlie