Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: 32-20 Hard Cast Bullets in a .32acp Walther

Boolit Buddy

32-20 Hard Cast Bullets in a .32acp Walther

Has anyone loaded 115gr hardcast bullets sized .313" in their .32acp. the only ones I have ever loaded are the 70-95gr jacketed.

I only ask because I have a thousand that are too hard for shooting in my 1873 Winnie. Won't obturate.

Proven loads are welcome. Thx.
    Last edited by WBH; 12-07-2019 at 12:25 PM.
    So many toys........so little time.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    The caveat is that the bullet profile must permit seating bullets to 0.94" minimum overall cartridge length and also have them still chamber in the pistol. At shorter OAL the shank of the bullet intrudes too deeply into the powder space and will spike pressure. You should probably size the bullets to .311" because the larger .313" bullets of longer length will probably bulge the case body about at the midpoint, so that wounds don't chamber.

I would be inclined not to exceed 1.7 grains of Bullseye, 2 grains of 231, 2.2 of Unique or 2.5 grains of Herco or AutoComp.

If you have a revolver chambered for the .32 S&W Long your bullets will work fine as-is for that application.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Grand Master
    Have you shot these in your 1873? They don’t have to “obturate’” if they are of sufficient diameter for the barrel to begin with. I shoot fairly hard bullets in my 25-20 all the time that are of proper diameter for the throats.

Accuracy is very good, no leading.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    have you shot these in your 1873? They don’t have to “obturate’” if they are of sufficient diameter for the barrel to begin with. I shoot fairly hard bullets in my 25-20 all the time that are of proper diameter for the throats.

^^^ THIS! ^^^

3 revolvers and 1 rifle in 32/20, and .313" bullets work well in the .313"-.314" throats found in them. No leading with 92/6/2 alloy and 50/50 BW/Alox lube. Shoot 'em up.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy
    After a lot of consideration, I think it is probably best that I don’t load these in my 32 ACP. I’ll try them in my W1873 and see if they shoot well without any leading. I compared them to a 71 gr bullet in the ACP, and they are way too heavy and too long.
    Thanks for all the input.
    So many toys........so little time.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    Have you shot these in your 1873? They don’t have to “obturate’” if they are of sufficient diameter for the barrel to begin with. I shoot fairly hard bullets in my 25-20 all the time that are of proper diameter for the throats.

I agree as well.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Buddy
    God has placed you in this predicament because He wants you to buy a .327.