Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: A little range time a lot of enjoyment

Boolit Master

A little range time a lot of enjoyment

After reading what is happening to Bushrat in his Rossi 44 ordeal I hesitated to even post this .
    But I did have a good time at the range with my 92 , 357 I was shooting purchased 130 rnfp cast loaded on 3.7 grains of red dot WW primers in mixed 38 spec. brass loaded on my LCT with a 4 die Lee set and the auto disk measure .
    The little Rossi is just so easy to shoot well with the Marbles Tang sight it also has a trigger a little less than 2lbs , off the bench I don't think we had any groups over an inch most groups had 4 shots you could cover with a dime not much more recoil than a .22 rimfire .
    I actually got better groups with the Rossi than than with the little Ruger 22 carbine it got 1 to 2" groups the rear sight is almost a ghost ring .
    Nothing special just a good time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E2626415-529B-41AC-92E8-2CCF3F3AD7C1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	252673

Boolit Buddy
    My 92 is a early 90's model,, the little rifles only problem it's ever had ,,, ( thinking ) ,,,,,(no that was all me ) ,, I'll have to go shoot it and see if I can remember ( I'm not 30 anymore ,, ya' know ).

where'd I leave my coffee ,, Hootmix. ps. onelight,, Hugo s.e okla.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootmix View Post
    My 92 is a early 90's model,, the little rifles only problem it's ever had ,,, ( thinking ) ,,,,,(no that was all me ) ,, I'll have to go shoot it and see if I can remember ( I'm not 30 anymore ,, ya' know ).

where'd I leave my coffee ,, Hootmix. ps. onelight,, Hugo s.e okla.
    Hootmix howdy neighbor.
    You live in my my favorite part of the state ! I've drug a few deer and a lot of squirrels out of the woods over there . As far as I'm concerned best area in Ok.

Every Rossi 92 clone that I have shot showed fine accuracy from the start. Fine functioning took a little TLC. My last .357 could shoot 2" 3 shot groups at 100yds if I did my part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Glad to hear you had a good day of shooting.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    My Rossi 92 is one of the most instinctive shooters I have ever had. Got the trigger pull down to 3 1/2 pounds with a trigger spring from Steves Gunz. Loading in a 44 Magnum case - 7 grains of Unique under an Oregon Trail .431" 240 grain SWC = 1150 fps. No recoil but quite accurate. Offhand at 25 yards.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rossi - offhand.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	252689

Boolit Buddy
    I believe both of Rossi’s I had would have been fine with lower pressure 44spl loads. If had bought it as a plinker, and range gun it would have been great. Having bought it for emergency use I could not risk a case separation that would render the rifle useless. I think you would be hard pressed to find a handier little rifle. Still waiting.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    I believe both of Rossi’s I had would have been fine with lower pressure 44spl loads. If had bought it as a plinker, and range gun it would have been great. Having bought it for emergency use I could not risk a case separation that would render the rifle useless. I think you would be hard pressed to find a handier little rifle. Still waiting.
    I almost didn't post this because of poor service you have received on your gun my post was more about the 92 and sights and load more than Rossi any brand of 92 would be just as fun , except for the one you have paid for and don't have .... Any Co. can have a problem with a product. Its how they deal with the problems that gets an endorsement or a warning to avoid. Rossi needs to find you a rifle.
    End of rant . I sure hope they get you sorted soon Bushrat.

Glad you enjoyed your range day.
    A blessing is everyday I wake up,after all i've been through in this lifetime!

Oorah,Semper Fi.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the replies guys , I mainly shoot handguns and forget how much fun the little 92 is.