Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out of the ordinary 45 ACP rifle project.

Boolit Master
    JoeJames has made a lovely rifle. For practicality I should point out that Hi-point makes a .45 ACP semiauto carbine with a 9-shot magazine, selling on gunbroker for a little short of 300 bucks, for those of us without the skills to make one.

I mention this because with the good ammo prices these days, I bought 1000 rounds of 9mm, gave my daughter what she wanted for her 3 pistols, then thought how neat it would be to have a carbine in 9mm. A new Hi-point came into the local gun shop. I managed to screw it up the very next day by trying to smoke the sights for better visibility, not realizing the rear sight is plastic. I called Hi-point and told a nice lady about it, she said it was under warranty,and would send me a replacement, and I ordered a couple of extra magazines also. (10-shot) It is quite accurate, and fun to shoot. A friend, looking it over, says Hi-point has come a long way since he had one 20 years ago. They make a 10mm one also, and are offering a winter camo pattern stock now.
    Last edited by 26Charlie; 12-10-2019 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Mention calibers
    "You will wantonly strike a hornet's nest which extends from mountains to ocean, and legions, now quiet, will swarm out and sting us to death. It is unnecessary; it puts us in the wrong; it is fatal." Robert Toombs, Democrat of Georgia, warning of the results of the imminent attack of the Confederacy upon Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor, 1861

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12