Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Do unto others

Boolit Master

Do unto others

There's an old saying, "If you're nice to me, then I'll be nice to you." I've never heard a statement that is more detrimental to your soul than that. Why? Because that means every single person in the world is in control of you.

You'd be a puppet, your strings being pulled by complete strangers because you're not man enough to be in control of your own emotions.

This attitude is a gateway emotion to even more detrimental ideas. Shoot, next you'll start being offended by all sorts of nonsense.

This isn't about politics, it's about you being in control of you. It's about being the bigger man. It's about taking responsibility for your actions and taking your thoughts, and your tongue, captive. It's about doing the right thing, not because they deserve it, but because you do.

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5

Thanks to Meranda Humphrey for submitting the background picture for our quote this morning.

Be sure and download our mobile app!

iPhone
    https://appsto.re/us/cS2H-.i

Android
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....savethecowboy
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

I don't think I've every met anybody that actually thinks like this. Sounds like a non issue.
    MC-130J Driver
    Former T-6A Texan II Driver
    FAIP Mafia
    Hook 'em all

Boolit Master

A good read!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHarmless View Post
    I don't think I've every met anybody that actually thinks like this. Sounds like a non issue.
    Your a lucky man.... I see it far to often..I'm even guilty of it myself .. It's easy to do for others that love and aprceate you ... Somthing tostaly diferent to do for someone that spits on you.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    You thinking about the “golden rule” from Matthew 7:12 and Luke 6:31? Maybe go back and take another look. Your thread title and the content of your post are contradictory, I find it confusing.

I’ve heard folks say “well if he’s nice to me I’ll be nice to him” or “if he’ll help me with this then I’ll help him with that” and I agree that those are misguided notions for a Christian.

Boolit Master
    Hmmm interesting ... If we live our lives from a standpoint of treating others as we want to be treated, instead of treating them as they treat us. We start to live our lives as God has called us to do. We no longer live our lives as the world around us we are no longer motivated by emotions but by the spirit in us. Because let's face it we cannot live that way without him ?

<(*)(()><

Seems like an argument of "conditional vs. unconditional". Conditional is of man. Unconditional comes from God.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine Baron View Post
    Seems like an argument of "conditional vs. unconditional". Conditional is of man. Unconditional comes from God.
    Unconditional love comes from dogs too....if people were more like dogs it would be a better world. Must be a reason Adam used the backward spelling of God to name the dog.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Unconditional love comes from dogs too....if people were more like dogs it would be a better world. Must be a reason Adam used the backward spelling of God to name the dog.
    Somehow I don't think Adam spoke or spelled English!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!