Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Load Data
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snow????

Boolit Grand Master

Snow????

Has it started to snow in your parts????
    Only time I've seen snow, is on trips to the lower 48.
    It's not even cold here.
    It is raining more during the days, not so much at night.
    If it were ever to snow here, people wouldn't know what to do.
    Vehicle collisions all over the place.
    Not accidents, because only a stupid person would go driving in the snow here.
    I'm sure many house fires, brush fires, condo fires.
    Can only imagine what will happen to the homeless.
    Airports and docks would have to close down.
    Would be interesting.

Boolit Master

My wife's sister lives in Tacoma, WA and if they get snow, she says there are 2 kinds of idiots,"those who drive too fast and those who drive too slow."
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    We get plenty of snow here in Michigan and every year it’s like people have never seen the stuff before. Have to relearn. Inevitably the first snow means a rash of accidents along the highways.

Boolit Grand Master

We don't get very much snow here in central Arkansas. Maybe a fraction of an inch once of twice. We do get some freezing rain and ice. And most of us can't deal with it. The grocery stores run out of stuff even though the snow only last for a short time. We have lots of vehicle accidents. We even have a few power outages. About every 10 years we will have a more severe ice storm with power outages lasting for a few weeks.

Being a retired Electrical Lineman it took reaching retirement for me to see any beauty in a winter snow scape! Up until retirement all snow meant was long hours, hard work and misery.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by StuBach View Post
    We get plenty of snow here in Michigan and every year it’s like people have never seen the stuff before. Have to relearn. Inevitably the first snow means a rash of accidents along the highways.
    Stu ! Check this out ! https://www.ksl.com/article/46684670...endous-weekend

Hope that works, just so you know your not alone.
    Good Judgment comes from Experience, Experience comes from Bad Judgment !

6-8 inches last weekend, looks like its staying. Winter is here.

Boolit Master

Snow????

Quote Originally Posted by nun2kute View Post
    Stu ! Check this out ! https://www.ksl.com/article/46684670...endous-weekend

Hope that works, just so you know your not alone.
    Yeah, wife and I took the kids to Bronners (Christmas Paradise for those who have never heard of it) on Sunday and as we were getting off at the exit a Chevy Traverse went sideways down I-75 north at roughly 75mph. They got it under control with no injuries from what we saw but they were against the barrier on the inside lane pointed in the wrong direction when they were done. Note: we in our explorer were fine only going 70, drive the conditions not the car.

Rough weekend for those unprepared or not careful, that’s for sure.

Boolit Master

I live in Northern Idaho and still no snow, and nothing but rain in the forecast.

I booked a "holiday lights" lake cruise for December 15th for me and my girlfriend, thinking it would be a nice romantic evening to see the Christmas lights in the snow covered mountains, but it's looking like it may just be a miserable time of standing on the deck of a boat in the rain.

I lived on Kauai for a couple of years and no snow at Christmas was weird.

I now live in an area that gets some decent snow in the winter, eventually. There are two major universities nearby with strong engineering programs, so lots of foreign students from Asia and the Middle East.

The first couple of weeks of snow-covered roads are quite entertaining...

Attachment 252461
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Moderator Emeritus

Here you go Hawaii

Attachment 252469
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Here in NW Montana about 10 miles from Canada there has been three dustings of snow that have melted. Hoping to get some for Christmas but can be sure of plenty in Jan and Feb, probably 2 or 3 feet. Eureka is a very small town and traffic accidents are few even in winter nothing like the 28 years I lived in Anchorage AK.

Here at 1700’ in Central NYS we got about 2 feet in the last week.

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Live in Southcentral Pennsylvania...we get enough snow here every year to make it interesting.
    Every couple of years or so we get pounded with a big(12"+) and things generally grind to a halt until the roads get cleared of ice and snow.
    Average snows of 3-4" cause huge runs on the grocery store for bread, milk and toilet paper. No idea why that happens but it always does.
    Also causes enormous traffic problems...I determined years ago that it wasn't worth it to drive in snow even when I had a 4WD truck because you can't do anything about the other drivers. So...when snow and ice was forecast I just took a vacation day. Now that I am retired, I pretty much just stay home in bad weather, so not much difference to me. Of course, my wife believes that the world will end if she misses a day if work, so she goes to work no matter how much snow falls. Never understood that mindset...your employer isn't going to replace your vehicle if it gets damaged because of an accident or do much to help with your physical injuries except tell you how bad they feel about it.

Boolit Master
    Thanksgiving Day. Snow on the palm trees, what a beautiful sight.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master

Snowing as I type here in NH

Ypu....snowing right now here south eastern central NH. Probably will get 3" plus on top of the 18" we got on Monday and Tuesday.
    Hey....it's winter....what do you expect?
    Plenty of wood for the stove, plenty of gas for the generator, plenty of food in the freezers, bring it on!
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    We are in the midst of a drought here on the Olympic Peninsula. Really! As of today there is no snow on top of Hurricane Ridge in Olympic Nat. Park which should have 4-5 feet by now. The rivers are dead low giving the salmon and steelhead problems. Normally our town has had 7-9 inches of rain in November but this year, less than 2/3". The weather forecast has no significant rain for another six days or mountain snow un til then so who knows if that will happen. On the bright side, it did make for a pleasant opening weekend for the late muzzleloader hunt which produced a fine buck using PRB.

Boolit Master
    I had enough when I lived in North Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania and New York. Even had a dream snowstorm some years back in Eufaula, about o foot or so, and there was one here in Phenix City maybe seven years ago that actually had the street covered and most businesses and all of the schools shut down.
    Once in a great while we'll see some flakes falling, but when they hit the ground they're gone. It's been in the mid '60s during the day, and maybe by Wednesday we'll have some weather in the '50s.....and I shall not complain.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    About 8" where I am in Ma,several years ago we got hit with 10 feet of snow total for the year. We were hit every couple of weeks with everything g from a dusting to a foot or more,had snow banks from snow blowing up to the 2nd story windows on my house.

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1826 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	252517 As you can see, we have snow and about 8 inches of ice on the lake as well. Winter comes early in Northern Maine. Yes, that is a red squirrel on the bird feeder.
    Maineboy

Boolit Master

Oh Man Fishing already!!! Our lakes ain't got but a skim in the small bays, it will be another month or so before I can fish

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast