RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: Finney trigger

Boolit Buddy

Finney trigger

I recently bought a Finney Featherweight Deluxe (side safety) to install on a M1916 Mauser action. The trigger is #303 which Finney specs for M95, M96 Mausers. Installed on the action the sear projects above the top of the square slot for the cocking piece. When the bolt is cycled the striker cocks but pulling the trigger does not release the striker.
    My VZ 24 (M98) has a Finney trigger so I pulled the bolt for a look see. The sear projection is a fraction as high as the new one on the 1916. On a whim I removed the trigger from the VZ 24 to try it on the 1916. The trigger for the M98 fit on the M1916 and worked perfectly. So it seems I need the safety version of the M98 trigger.

I wondered if anyone else here has encountered this?

BTW, after describing this to Finney I was told by a tech that I might cut metal off the top of the sear.

Do you mean Timmney triggers? I had to trim down the sear on a Bold trigger that did what you’re describing, but it was the no safety model on a 98/22. Mausers be weird sometimes but I sure like them.

Boolit Buddy
    He trigger from the M98 (VZ 24) is a Timney Sportsman. It fit on the small ring 1916 receiver. The M98 Sportsman sear projection into the cocking piece slot is very low while the sear of the Timney unit for the 1916 projects higher than the top of the slot.
    Seems like a lot to take off the sear.