RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: rangefinders

Boolit Master

rangefinders

Not wanting to spend a ton of money on a rangefinder I bought a Bushnell yardage pro several years back and although it worked ok for archery it's reliable range was only a couple hundred yds and I couldn't see the numbers well in low light. Last year I bought a Simmons and found it to be little if any better. Both of these were in the $175 range. Cabelas just had their black friday sale thing and had a Sig KILO 2000 rangefinder on sale for $219 from normal $299. The online reviews were very good with one exception. The target centering ring was quite large. Anyway I went in to check it out and they have dropped the ring size to a much smaller size so I bought one. I haven't had it long yet but it easily ranges trees to right at 1000 yds and it uses red light on the viewer which can be read even in complete darkness. It has very clear lenses and 6x magnification. Supposed to work to 800 yds on deer but I haven't had the chance to try that yet. So far, I am very happy with this unit. There are probably better units but not near the $220 price tag of this one.

Boolit Master
    I have the 2200 and love it.
    My buddy had his Leica this past weekend in a snowstorm, both ranged well out to 700 yards. Clarity is excellent, repeatability is spot on.
    Mine is useful out to 2100 with a steady rest and clear conditions. I think they're an awesome bargain.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Banned

I just bought a new one a 1200 yard Athlon that cost about a 150 bucks. took it out to where we shoot in farm fields along with my old 1000 yard bushnell. Its the old huge model that guys allways say ranges better then the 1200 compact models. Well this cheap Athlon consistently ranged a 100-200 yard farther then the bushnell on hard targets. Im pretty impressed for the money. It also compensates for angles too which the old bushnell didn't.