Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline Fabrication
Repackbox

Thread: Simple life

Boolit Master

Simple life

Life will never be easy, but it can be simple. And when life is simpler, you’ll find decisions easier to make, emotions don’t spin out of control, and believe it or not, people will respect you.

Sound too good to be true? It’s not. But it is harder than it looks.

Five Ways to Simplify Your Life (if we allow it)

1. Love Others
    We don’t love others because they deserve it. We love others because we do. When you start loving people, you start being loved. It’s that simple. Love everyone, even those that hate you. (It really messes with them.) I didn’t say you had to be best friends, start a business together, get married, or give them your pimento cheese sandwich. I just said to love them, not because of who they are, but because of who you are.

2. Take Responsibility for Yourself
    You are responsible for what you think, how you act, and what you feel. Don’t blame others. Train yourself not to worry. Train yourself not to complain. Do things that you enjoy. When you start taking responsibility for yourself, you’ll be amazed at how much you’re truly capable of.

3. Be a Good Spouse
    I used to think that in order to have a great life you had to have a great wife. I don’t believe that anymore. If I want a great wife, I have to be a great husband. It’s the only way to have a great wife and a great life. I have both. But this doesn’t just apply to marriage. It applies to any and every relationship.

4. Let Go of Ego
    Admit it, you just said, “Let go of my eggo,” in your head. This isn’t about a frozen, waffle shaped food-like substance. This is about that raw nerve we wave around, daring someone to touch it. Ego is the source of hurt feelings, taking things personal, being offended, bitterness, and hate. Ego is constantly comparing your life to someone else and it will convince you that you are better than them or they are better than you—both of which complicate your life tremendously.

5. Learn To Say No
    Learn to say no to yourself. You are constantly giving in to yourself. You’re doing things you know you shouldn’t. You’re not doing the things you know you should. Nearly everything in your life is complicated because you won’t be the boss of yourself. You know you should put your phone down and spend time with your kids. You know you should call that person that’s been on your mind. You know you could lead a healthier life. You know you can do better at work. You know you could go back to school. You know you can overcome that addiction. You know what to do. You know what you should not do. Most of your problems could start to be solved simply by telling yourself no.

Life is as simple as we allow it to be.

For we have not been given a spirit of fear and timidity, but one of power, love, and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7

www.savethecowboy.com

Special thanks to Ryan Mason submitting the photo taken by Jordan Stancell Photography.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Great biblical and common sense message .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    rl69 I take responsability for my not being able to forgive a person for an act they did to me. An it has eaten me up for over 20 years. I have tried to forgive but it has been so long i just can't
    At the end of a deer hunting day. I was left in the woods by the person that was supposed to pick me up. I had to walk to the nearest camper (3/4 miles away) Beg for a ride back to where i was staying another 4.5 miles. When i got back to our camp 1.5 hrs after dark. EVERYONE was sitting down to eat. Even the person i thought was my best friend.

Boolit Grand Master
    There are people I cannot love. I am lucky that I do no longer hate anyone, but have a dose of dislike for a few.

It is a good post RL69. Much to learn from it.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Amen and yes this is straight forward and should be daily practice.