RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading

Thread: Buying Rifle on Gunbroker

Boolit Buddy

Buying Rifle on Gunbroker

I have sold Rifles and shipped them U.P.S. with full insurance coverage for selling price. It seems when I buy a Rifle from a dealer, they put NO insurance coverage at all. I recently ordered a $1,800.00 gun and I am afraid I will be the one with the brown end of the stick if it arrives damaged. Any advice on my liability or how I should protect myself.

Boolit Grand Master

When you send payment you specify you want insurance and how much and yes if it's not part of the deal you have to pay extra. I have ordered around a 100 firearms mostly through GB. Two have had shipping damage.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Moderator Emeritus

Demand and pay for insurance.
    I received one that was poorly packed. The muzzle was sticking outside the box and banged on "whatever" (UPS truck wall or maybe concrete).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Tell the up front you won't take it without insurance. As stated above, you'll probably pay for it but it's worth it. I once received a 2k high wall with a stock cracked at the wrist. Also, pay an extra twenty bucks to have it shipped in a plastic case it the seller will do it for you. For that amount they should.

Vendor Sponsor

Just know, insurance is sold to the seller (shipper) and loss claims are made by the seller and paid to the seller; and then you, the buyer, have to get your settlement from the seller.
    Chill Wills

The insurance is a racket. It takes forever to collect it. Still something you need to have so you can fight that fight if there is damage.

If the purchase is made on a credit card that may offer some protection as well. So many banks are getting anti-gun though, not sure how that’ll continue to work.

Boolit Master
    It is the seller's obligation to get it to you undamaged. If he wants to charge you more for insurance, that is his prerogative, but he is responsible until it hits your doorstep (gently).

Boolit Master

When I had my dealership I sold on GB never did I pay for insurance as I covered the shipment with my return policy of 3 day inspection, no dis-assembly or test firing.

Guess you would have a problem Eh? over 1400 feedback there and no negatives.
    About the same on the old auction arms.

However don't want the gun send it back, no negotiation after delivery, I did not deal with feedback blackmailers either.
    Last edited by Geezer in NH; 12-10-2019 at 08:39 PM. Reason: spll ck

Boolit Master
    any decent seller will advertise shipping in a hard case in a cardboard box for an item that expensive. at the same time whiners who cry that the 35 year old used chinese ak mag you sold them arrived in a usps priority box, rather than gold plated and hand carried by sherpas on an elephant's back need to get a life.