MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: 32 acp question

Boolit Master

32 acp question

Being a very frugal. I am looking for a second die to straighten the flair out of a 32 acp case as i'm loading it. I haven't found any used seating dies available. Could i use a 32 S&W Long seat die. An just remove enough material from the bottom of the die. To take the flair out of the case. Kevin

Boolit Master
    Won't your .32acp seating die do it? Adjust it to crimp enough to take out the flare.

Boolit Buddy
    Being frugal myself, I would just buy a set of Lee dies. They are the rare combination of being the cheapest and the best IMHO. At $30 for a set, you can't go wrong. You might want to really splurge and get the Factory Crimp Die as well. They work well.
    https://www.titanreloading.com/lee-p...ie-set-carbide

Boolit Master
    If you already have the 32 S&W long dies seat the bullet with the long seater and crimp with the ACP die

Boolit Master
    Onelight Thanks i never thought about doing it in reverse. That should work
    CharlieB I like to seat with one die. Then de-flair with a second die. That way i don't scrape a bullet seating it.

I bought a .32sw long factory crimp die. Had a few rounds that were not wanting to slide all the way in on both my H&R snubbie and my Ruger NM Single Six.

So when I bought the Beretta 81 and started making ammo for it I ran them through it also.

One more quick step, but no issues chambering anymore. Does not appear to be swaging bullets down enough to bother as accuracy was still excellent.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

17$ at Amazon, and an easy solution for all my .32's. I call that a win.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kbstenberg View Post
    CharlieB I like to seat with one die. Then de-flair with a second die. That way i don't scrape a bullet seating it.
    If you are going to buy a new die then the Lee factory crimp die is my favorite for semi-autos. I used it for the .32acp I had a while back. You can set them to crimp as little or as much as you want.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kbstenberg View Post
    Your welcome .
    I prefer 4 dies to , I use the carbide Lee FCD for most of the hand gun rounds I load , but there is more than one way to skin a cat , or 32

Boolit Buddy
    i screw the seating stem down and seat the boolit without a crimp. After seating all the boolits I screw the stem all the way up and then adjust the die down to crimp. You don't need a different die.

Boolit Master
    ^^^this

Until Lee came out with their factory crimp die that's the way I used to do it. At one time I had an old RCBS sizing die for .45acp that I would use for taking out the flare. Set it so it just 'kissed' the mouth of the case.

Quote Originally Posted by rond View Post
    i screw the seating stem down and seat the boolit without a crimp. After seating all the boolits I screw the stem all the way up and then adjust the die down to crimp. You don't need a different die.
    This how I do it also for all my dies. I use to do it in one step but too many problems ,I learn on here to do it in 2 steps and make life easy on myself.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    I tried it two different ways. I loaded my 32 acp with my seating die seating the bullet then unscrew the seating stem all the way up then kiss the case mouth or seat the bullet then use my fcd and lightly crimp. Both worked for my ammo in my Bretta 81 perfect. The three lee die set I have is marked 32 long short and acp